Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sweetie wrote: »
    Revolut are looking for UK id now to verify you're living there.

The billing address is on Amazon not revolut so it doesn't matter. You can have Ireland as your address in the Revolut app and parcel motel address as your billing address against the card on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’ve been watching Vikings season 4 part 1 on Prime but it is now unavailable (sling with seasons 1 to 3).

The Amazon support agent said the licence expired and reckons it will be back at some stage.

Does anyone know if that might be true or how long it might take?
    Actually, you are right, I think I read something ages ago about profiles becoming a thing.

And I get ads for other Amazon shows on front of tv shows I watch on Amazon constantly. Whenever I watched The Expanse or Vikings or Outlander, there is an ad at the start for The Grand Tour or Bosch that you cannot skip. I can't stand Jeremy Clarkson so it's annoying to have to listen to him every time and I've yet to start watching Bosch so it's also annoying to see ads (spoilers) for the shows latest season.

On AppleTV you can skip (kind of)

When an ad starts I press menu on the remote and then start the episode again without the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Ive tried in as many combinations as I can, with parcel motel address etc and cant get it to work either.

In the US or everywhere?

I happen to ask support about it last week and he said the usual “thanks for the feedback”, etc. but no mention it was coming at all let alone soon.

They also need to improve clearing history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

sweetie wrote: »
    Revolut are looking for UK id now to verify you're living there.

set billing address to UK in Amazon not on Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

When is zeroZerozero out... started trial just for the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

When is zeroZerozero out... started trial just for the show

It will be on Sky Atlantic here. Prime Video in North America and Spain have it available already and Sky in Germany and Italy are already showing it. According to Wikipedia HBO have released it in all the European countries they're in.

I don't know why Sky are so slow to show it here. It is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

lertsnim wrote: »
    It will be on Sky Atlantic here. Prime Video in North America and Spain have it available already and Sky in Germany and Italy are already showing it. According to Wikipedia HBO have released it in all the European countries they're in.

I don't know why Sky are so slow to show it here. It is really good.

Unless it's the big hitters like Westworld and such, Sky seem to be delaying showing a lot of stuff lately, often waiting till the season has fully aired elsewhere, then dropping the entire season in one go. Maybe they think, in the time of Netflix, that's how people prefer to consume their content now? I'd still prefer a weekly release myself (more breathing space between episodes and less pressure to watch it altogether!).

But maybe it's delayed for a different reason entirely...

Not to go too off topic here, but with all that's going on now in the world, I thought that everyone would start going back to a weekly release schedules, just to ration out the shows they've already got finished. Even though Netflix (king of dumping seasons in one go) has said it has plenty of new content to last into next year, the halt in production is eventually going to hit all services.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Watched Nothing but the Truth this evening (Amazon IE). Wow how did I miss this one? Excellent movie. Described as a thriller but it's more of a political drama that packs a punch. So if you like that kind of thing then I would urge you to check it out. Good cast (Kate Beckinsale, Alan Alda, Matt Dillon, Vera Farmiga) and very topical.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Is there any definitive way of telling whether I have Irish or UK prime video. Can ascertain which one I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

lolliedog wrote: »
    Is there any definitive way of telling whether I have Irish or UK prime video. Can ascertain which one I have?

Manage Your Content and Devices
    Preferences
    Country/Region Setting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ready player one has been added I see.
    I must admit I wasn't totally gone on it overall, despite some excellent individual set pieces. Some folks might enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Is anybody else unable to activate the Amazon Prime Eir offer for existing customers? Have been trying every now and again the past two months and I just can't find a direct link to sign up to Amazon. Have attempted to contact Eir about it multiple occasions and have never got anywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Watched a couple of episodes of Upload, kind of like Good Place with a mix of Altered Carbon. Fairly enjoyable for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Marje wrote: »
    The search function on Amazon Prime is dreadful. Even when you type the full name of tv show or movie, you have to scroll through all the other stuff they bring up to find what you wanted to search.

Using app on android box, my search function doesn't actually work no more recently I click the search bar an an error message comes up and I'm immediately redirected to the homepage. Anyone have any ideas of how to fix? I've naturally goggled and the top solutions given such as clearing cookies etc and reinstalling were all tried but the issue remains...

I just use the regular site externally to add stuff to watch and they are easily accessible then so it's not the end of the world, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Is anybody else unable to activate the Amazon Prime Eir offer for existing customers? Have been trying every now and again the past two months and I just can't find a direct link to sign up to Amazon. Have attempted to contact Eir about it multiple occasions and have never got anywhere..

That's odd. I signed up recently and it worked fine.

Can you not see a big banner for the offer when you log into my eir and scroll down?

https://my.eir.ie/dashboard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

What's the story with renting videos. Tried to rent a movie and won't let me. Customer service said not available in this region. App and site give no indication that Ireland is separate to Uk and doesn't actually say I can't rent it. Just goes into an endless circle.of.asking.me for a payment method. Do any rentals work?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

LLMMLL wrote: »
    What's the story with renting videos. Tried to rent a movie and won't let me. Customer service said not available in this region. App and site give no indication that Ireland is separate to Uk and doesn't actually say I can't rent it. Just goes into an endless circle.of.asking.me for a payment method. Do any rentals work?

Itll be down to your billing details. They might be looking for a uk payment card. I've a virtual revolut card setup as uk, but dont rent content.

Also the main difference is the way things are integrated on the firestick and amazon site. When on browser as an roi user you've no integration with the fire stick and need to go to a seperate website. But it's the same android app regardless.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Little Fires Everywhere is coming to Prime in Ireland on May 22nd.
    Was on Hulu in the US in March, stars Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Little Fires Everywhere is coming to Prime in Ireland on May 22nd.
    Was on Hulu in the US in March, stars Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington.

Oh excellent! Loved this book I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I find the best way to find movies on Amazon is to search via the browser. You can filter by decade, genre etc and can find some real gems. I just watched Cube from 1997 which i'd never seen before and it was really great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=instant-video&ref=nb_sb_noss

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0123755/?ref_=rvi_tt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Just finished watching Upload. What a fantastic show. Great concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

norabattie wrote: »
    Just finished watching Upload. What a fantastic show. Great concept.

Good News, it has already been renewed for a second season. Plus thought it was great too
    https://tvline.com/2020/05/08/upload-renewed-season-2-amazon-robbie-amell/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Did it in a couple of minutes last night. Just signed into myeir-more-prime video and put in my amazon details.

Did it in a couple of minutes last night. Just signed into myeir-more-prime video and put in my amazon details.

It does not show under more for me unfortunately. Only Eir Sport and Real Rewards shows...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It does not show under more for me unfortunately. Only Eir Sport and Real Rewards shows...

Forgive me for asking what may be a stupid question, but is your broadband definitely Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

How does that Eir offer work anyways? Do you get a free Prime account that you can access on a few devices and get some free deliveries or is it just Amazon Prime TV and Movies only accessible on your EirTV through a channel there?

Forgive me for asking what may be a stupid question, but is your broadband definitely Eir?

Yes 100% Eir, can log into myeir account and everything and can see latest bill. The below screenshot is what shows for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Yes 100% Eir, can log into myeir account and everything and can see latest bill. The below screenshot is what shows for me.

Is that not Eir Sport on Sky broadband?

https://www.eir.ie/primevideo/

Is that not Eir Sport on Sky broadband?

https://www.eir.ie/primevideo/

Again that link does not allow me to sign up unfortuantely and I have attempted to sign up but cannot get to the sign up page on it. No i am not with Sky. Please see screenshot. Thanks for replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sorry I’m a new customer and that’s why it was so easy for me.

Advertisement