Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I don't really understand you. I had a regular amazon account online and I just upgraded to prime today. It's not through a firestick or mobile if that's what you mean.

“Upgrading to Prime” sounds like you’ve signed up for Amazon Prime not Prime Video

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I had the same issue until I discovered you need to go to primevideo.com to watch from Ireland. There should be a small box under where it says 'can't watch in your location' pointing to the website. But it took me ages to notice it

When I signed up I also got loads marked unavailable but I was on the Prime Video browser site and the AppleTV app.

It turned out that I was registered as a UK resident when I signed up to it even my only address on Amazon in my home here.

A support agent had it fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Has anyone watched the comedy Loudermilk? I saw the first episode and it had one or two funny moments. Didn't blow me away though. Wondering is it worth sticking with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm in a similar boat. Would love to get this resolved but not sure if it's possible.

- I get Amazon Prime free as I have Broadband and mobile with Eir.
    - Prime Video works on my mobile.
    -I have Amazon Firestick
    - when go to watch anything I get 'Video unavailable. Your device's current location settings might be incorrect or unsupported. To verify location settings and view supported locations, please to to https://www.primevideo.com/help?nodeId=2-2-65170
    Error code: 5505
    - within the Prime app on Firestick there's no settings options.
    - Within Firestick settings there is 'Amazon Account' - deregister your Amazon account and register a new one. I don't want to do this as I have apps etc. set up that took time.
    - on Firestick 'Prime Video' it links to https://www.amazon.co.uk/mc to manage my membership.
    - on https://www.amazon.co.uk/mc it's telling me 'You are not a member of Prime'
    - If I go to the Eir website it says 'congratulations, you have registered for Amazon Prime video....

So do I have to cast from my phone every time I want to watch Amazon Prime video?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Anyone able to help with this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Go to your amazon.co.uk account on laptop and check your settings there.

Manage Your Content and Devices
    Preferences
    Country/Region Setting

• Advertisement

Marje wrote: »
    Go to your amazon.co.uk account on laptop and check your settings there.

Manage Your Content and Devices
    Preferences
    Country/Region Setting

It currently has UK selected. But with no address. If I add a UK address will it work?
    If I change to Ireland it will work- correct?
    Is there a lot less content for Ireland vs UK?

Thanks again,
    Patrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Get on live chat with them. They'll sort it quite quickly, you just need to reset your firestick then

It currently has UK selected. But with no address. If I add a UK address will it work?
    If I change to Ireland it will work- correct?
    Is there a lot less content for Ireland vs UK?

Thanks again,
    Patrick.

I only use the Irish version.

If you want to use the UK version, you'll need a revolut card and uk address

The content for Ireland would be a lot less than UK but it has improved

Check this website to see the content. The search on amazon prime is woeful. Even when you search for the film/movie star you still have to scroll through a load of other suggestions to find what you want.

E.G. In the Valley of Elah - search under movie title, nothing came up. Searched under Tommy Lee Jones, found it eventually scrolling through other suggestions brought up.

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/new?providers=nfx,prv,ply,skg

Edit: it will also depend on where you got your firestick. I bought mine through amazon.com which is only for Irish content.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Get on live chat with them. They'll sort it quite quickly, you just need to reset your firestick then

I bought mine from the UK.
    When initially setting it up I installed File Linked, cyberflix and more. I presume I'll have to do all that again then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Sorry, I meant restart, not reset

I had the same error. I just got on to chat, the guy sorted it in a minute then asked me to restart and confirm it worked. Think it's quite common

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Has anyone watched the comedy Loudermilk? I saw the first episode and it had one or two funny moments. Didn't blow me away though. Wondering is it worth sticking with?

I liked it. Not sure if it's for everyone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anybody else get the ads in between episodes?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Watching on the phone might get an ad at the beginning for one of the other shows on amazon. Not on firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I get them before shows, but not between episodes. That's using a firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭boardtc

Just got this exact problem, showing the message @degsie quotes. Its a real pain, to get the Eir deal working I had to add my Revolut card and put a UK address - parcel motel, back in January. Has anyone figured out a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭boardtc

To get the Eir deal working back in January when on chat with support I had to add my Revolut card and use my DPD Parcel Wizard NI address for it to work, as others have reported here. I've country set to UK in the settings.

When I try and rent I get the following message as quotes by @degsie:
    "We're unable to complete your order. Your payment method was not charged. The billing address on your payment method must be a valid address in the United Kingdom. If you're paying with a credit card, it must be issued from a bank in the United Kingdom."

Otheres have mentioned this issue here. Has anyone found a workaround to be able to access Amazon UK prime and also rent?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: This looks more suited to the thread on Television (General) Forum. Please observe the new Forum charter. Please merge with the existing Amazon Prime thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭stesaurus

It would be great if we could get a sticky with the technical info like changing regions and then banning chat about it.
    Thread is horrible to read when it's just pages of Revolut and region variances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Just finished Little Fires Everywhere. Thought it was quite good. Great drama series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Just finished Little Fires Everywhere. Thought it was quite good. Great drama series.

Just started this last night...good so far...just starting to open up 3 episodes in.

gmisk wrote: »
    I have enjoyed quite a few things on amazon prime, its improved a lot IMO

Trapped
    Jack Ryan
    Fresh off the boat
    Goliath (season 1)

Just finished season 1 of this. I thought it was good, although a few silly moments. I think it could have cut about 2 episodes and been better for it.

Was thinking at the end of it that I could watch a second season, not realising there was one. Nice surprise to find out there is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It looks like Justified disappeared off Prime IE, only arrived in January and we were taking our time. Hadn't see any warning, which is annoying.

pixelburp wrote: »
    It looks like Justified disappeared off Prime IE, only arrived in January and we were taking our time. Hadn't see any warning, which is annoying.

Very disappointed to hear that. Just finished the first season a month or so ago and enjoyed it. I actually started Deadwood shortly after that, so in my own headcanon Raylan Givens is a direct descendant of Sheriff Bullock.

I wish they'd advertise when a series is set to go. I noticed Now TV would do that, allowing you to get a move on before it went.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've recently started 'Hap & Leonard' on Prime which reminds me a little of 'Justified', if you want something somewhat similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

ixoy wrote: »
    I've recently started 'Hap & Leonard' on Prime which reminds me a little of 'Justified', if you want something somewhat similar.

Not knocking the recommendation because I thought Hap & Leonard was good fun, and I love Justified, but I'm not sure I see any connection, in tone, story, time it's set, or anything really. But we all see things differently I guess, and as I say, it's a great recommendation regardless.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Justified is still working for me, literally just tried it on Prime Video on my phone with no VPN trickier so still on Irish Prime Video for me :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Justified is still working for me, literally just tried it on Prime Video on my phone with no VPN trickier so still on Irish Prime Video for me :confused:

I'm on Amazon IE too AFAIK, and it's not available. I can search specifically for it on primevideo.com & while Justified's seasons are listed, you can't play any of the individual episodes. This happened before with Fleabag IIRC, where seasons kept being enabled / disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's definitely not on my Irish account but is on the UK version according to JustWatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hopefully someone can help.

Tried renting a movie earlier and kept getting payment failed. Said all details must match a valid UK address.

My address on Amazon is a UK address. My location is set to a UK address and my card is a Revolut card (which I assume would be seen as a UK card?). Any ideas why I can't purchase anything?

Advertisement