Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi folks is it true I can ask Amazon to change my location from Ireland to UK to avail of more content on prime video?

How do I do it and is it worth it?

You can do this, I think to do it you have to set your delivery address to the UK (not parcel motel) and you have to request their support to make the change. You'll get premiership matches but I think that's the only benefit and I think the downside is that you can no longer shop on Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Mine is set to the UK. Shopping wasn't working the last few months.
    But just the other day I clicked to buy something by accident and it accepted it.
    I have the Parcel Motel as my primary delivery. One of the orders I've tried yesterday I changed to direct delivery to Rep of Ireland.
    So we'll see if they arrive. I dunno what changed. I'm subbed to Prime as I forgot to turn it off earlier in the year.

Have to say I'm getting tired of Prime TV interface. it defaults to things you have to pay for. Often things that I've put on my watch list, have switched from free to paid afterwards.
    I was about to unsub to the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hi folks is it true I can ask Amazon to change my location from Ireland to UK to avail of more content on prime video?

How do I do it and is it worth it?

Yeah just contact them on the chat and they'll switch you over.

Bit more content, nothing major really.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ive never had an issue with shipping. I switched the account to UK last December and have had loads of stuff shipped to either my address here or parcel motel without any issue going back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Ive never had an issue with shipping. I switched the account to UK last December and have had loads of stuff shipped to either my address here or parcel motel without any issue going back and forth.

Same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Knives out added to Amazon prime...cracking watch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I love the wedding singer!

The meg is trashy fun.

I haven't seen official secrets but looks interesting.

Get duked...looks fun...out 28th August
    https://youtu.be/Aixdl53c_J8

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭vafankillar

I had a look at the prime content for the first time in ages after I canceled my subscription and it seems like it's improved hugely?? or maybe thats a slight overreation but seeing house and criminal minds on there I immediately signed back up.

Has this been a trend in that it's improving? i can't even remember watching anything the first time I signed up, think I had the free try and forgot about it and when I checked again before unsubscribing i couldn't see anything I wanted to watch

• Advertisement

I had a look at the prime content for the first time in ages after I canceled my subscription and it seems like it's improved hugely?? or maybe thats a slight overreation but seeing house and criminal minds on there I immediately signed back up.

Has this been a trend in that it's improving? i can't even remember watching anything the first time I signed up, think I had the free try and forgot about it and when I checked again before unsubscribing i couldn't see anything I wanted to watch

There's a lot of really good stuff on there now. The problem is finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

There's a lot of really good stuff on there now. The problem is finding it.

What good stuff ?

Memoirs of an invisible man staring Chevy Chase 5/5

What good stuff ?

That would kind of depend on what you like.

The range of films has expanded hugely - for example, I was watching Blade Runner 2049 in 4k yesterday to test a new TV. I also spotted Knives Out, Donnie Brasco, Heat and The Departed.

I stumbled across Mad Men. Also The Americans and Justified.

Treat it like a treasure hunt. Given that one delivery a month pretty much covers the cost of it, I'm happy to spend some time digging.

It's definitely improved the last while, if you have a look at new content going up via just watch or whatever there seems to be a huge amount more content being added than there is for netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Finished 'Undone' which I watched based on a recommendation from here. Thought it was great.

Started watching Man in the High Castle now

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi - I was told that the TV series 'The Bridge (Broen)' was on Prime, cant find it - can anyone please conform?

thanks

Debub wrote: »
    Hi - I was told that the TV series 'The Bridge (Broen)' was on Prime, cant find it - can anyone please conform?

thanks

It's not on Prime. You can get it with an addon subscription to Arrow TV. Free month's trial if you want to binge it.

The American version is on Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

can someone explain please

my wife has amazon prime and she shares it with me

is amazon prime video a different thing? I don't seem to be able to watch anything without having to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is amazon prime video a different thing? I don't seem to be able to watch anything without having to pay

the paid stuff is mixed in with the free shows/movies. but the majority of the menu should be the free shows. if you search for films, they will probably show up, but many will be just for rental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

AFAIK you can't share prime video to a different amazon account if you are in Ireland. But you can use your wife's account details to log in and view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Recently on Prime Video they introduced different accounts like Netflix does so each family member can have their own main screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its spurs all or nothing day :)

Under suspicion.... HACKMAN vs FREEMAN.....strange and intense movie..... worth a watch though

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Enjoying the Spurs All or Nothing series so far. As much as I like Pochettino, I think the series would have been much less captivating if he were him at the helm instead of Mourinho, who is really carrying the programme for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The boys season 2 is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Enjoying the Spurs All or Nothing series so far. As much as I like Pochettino, I think the series would have been much less captivating if he were him at the helm instead of Mourinho, who is really carrying the programme for me.

Didn't really like it in comparison to Sunderland till I die. Very edited and scripted in parts I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

We watched Fracture last night - Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. A decent (albeit a bit slow going) legal thriller with some nice twists along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

peteeeed wrote: »
    The boys season 2 is out

Only the first three episodes.

The remaining five episodes will be released weekly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Only the first three episodes.

The remaining five episodes will be released weekly.

ah, this I didn't know. Personally I prefer this release model.

I binged the first season in a weekend last year and kind of ruined it for myself. This was puts manners on me.

Apple follow this model as well. I suppose it doesnt make sense to put millions into each episode, for people to binge them over the course orf a week.

Advertisement