Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Only the first three episodes.

The remaining five episodes will be released weekly.

Prefer binge watch :( cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just watched episode 1 of season 2 of the boys
    Not sure there is as much drive or purpose to the story but only 1 ep in....It is a LOT of fun!

Also loved Aya Cash in you're the worst, she is a terrific addition as stormfront

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

Hello, I got in contact with Amazon about transfering my account to the UK version of Prime and the customer service rep stated that there was no option to transfer prime subscription to the UK. They said I would have to sign up again to the UK account.

They must be cracking down on the ROI accounts :/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,936 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Realtai wrote: »
    Hello, I got in contact with Amazon about transfering my account to the UK version of Prime and the customer service rep stated that there was no option to transfer prime subscription to the UK. They said I would have to sign up again to the UK account.

They must be cracking down on the ROI accounts :/

Did you originally sign up amazon.com or amazon.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I started watching The Bureau last week and Amazon seem to have pulled it. I wish they'd put up expiry dates like Netflix do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

Quazzie, I originally signed up a long time ago to the co.uk one, with my Revolut card. Then, for various reasons I switched to my normal debit card, and the whole Amazon account switched to .com.

I suppose the only solution is to use my revolut card to sign up to the co.uk one again?

Is there much more to watch, on the UK one compared to the Irish one? Or is it near enough the same, except for the football matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Realtai wrote: »
    Is there much more to watch, on the UK one compared to the Irish one?
    Quite a bit I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

muffler wrote: »
    Quite a bit I believe.
    Plus my 4K Firestick plays nicely with the UK but not the Irish system

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

it appears fleabag season 2 has been added (back up) to the irish prime, very confusing , its not there for me as i have the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

peteeeed wrote: »
    it appears fleabag season 2 has been added (back up) to the irish prime, very confusing , its not there for me as i have the uk

I'm going to watch it as quickly as possible in case it disappears yet again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Has anyone watched Get Duked? looks fun, thinking on giving it a go at the weekend

Has anyone watched Get Duked? looks fun, thinking on giving it a go at the weekend
    It's fun, not life changing or anything, but a few laughs.
    Clearly heavily influenced by edgar wright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Fleabag season 2 isn't appearing on my prime, don't think it ever has. And it's been on my watchlist since I signed up for prime!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭fman

Fleabag is one of those weird ones. If you search for fleabag, you will find it, season 1 available and 2 not.
    BUT if you search for fleabag season 2, you should find it and in its listing season 1 isn't available. Weird, confusing and valid as of earlier today if nothing has changed in the mean time.
    I've had a similar thing for the Americans, seasons 1-4 and then 5-6 in different blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭golfball37

Watched Masterchef Ireland over the last week never seen it. Am dipping in and out of Hell’s Kitchen USA too. A lot of stuff on prime I wasn’t aware of. The app isn’t very user friendly beyond the headline category items.

Watching a cop show called Bosch at the moment, four episodes in and it’s slow but quite good.

fman wrote: »
    Fleabag is one of those weird ones. If you search for fleabag, you will find it, season 1 available and 2 not.
    BUT if you search for fleabag season 2, you should find it and in its listing season 1 isn't available. Weird, confusing and valid as of earlier today if nothing has changed in the mean time.
    I've had a similar thing for the Americans, seasons 1-4 and then 5-6 in different blocks.

Thank you!! I'd thought I'd seen season 2 on it before but it never showed as being on prime in my watchlist

I think the same thing happens with one season of Futurama as well.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Watched Masterchef Ireland over the last week never seen it. Am dipping in and out of Hell’s Kitchen USA too. A lot of stuff on prime I wasn’t aware of. The app isn’t very user friendly beyond the headline category items.

I find it a bit of a PITA to navigate in comparison to NF, but search seems to work ok. Just searched Gordon Ramsay for example and it does bring up all of his prime shows.

gmisk wrote: »
    It's fun, not life changing or anything, but a few laughs.
    Clearly heavily influenced by edgar wright

That's all I need, cheers :) Bit of light entertainment in a movie that isn't American for a change, to go with me Bulmer's at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I started watching The Bureau last week and Amazon seem to have pulled it. I wish they'd put up expiry dates like Netflix do...

Yeah same here, very annoying!

Nate

In fairness, I wish Netflix would be like Prime where you can see things in your watchlist have been removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

In my Prime it doesn't remove things, they just switch to paid without telling me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Amazon are making the move into rugby broadcasting - Snapped up rights to England home games this autumn. Would mean Ireland's game in Twickenham would only be on Amazon, Aviva matches remain on RTÉ on Channel 4.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/sep/10/england-ireland-wales-georgia-autumn-nations-cup-rugby-union
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/ireland-s-november-clash-with-england-set-to-be-shown-on-amazon-prime-1.4351606

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Grinders is a good documentary about some dead end poker players.

Grinders is a good documentary about some dead end poker players.

I might actually give that a try [used to play a lot myself, it was a dead end for me!] - But, says it's not available in my location?

I might actually give that a try [used to play a lot myself, it was a dead end for me!] - But, says it's not available in my location?

Strange, I watched it last night

Strange, I watched it last night

Only option it'll give me is to buy the HD version for 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭golfball37

I watched the first 3 episodes of fleabag a few weeks ago. I went to return to it last night and only season 2 was available for me but season one was still on the app.

A few things on my watch list are no longer available now either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

After having Prime Video for about 6 months have to say the revolving door of can you see something or not, is really wearing me down. I'll probably cancel it.

Only option it'll give me is to buy the HD version for 9.99

I really hope I didn’t pay €10 for it !!!

I see 71 has been added, absolutely cracking film set in the troubles, with a British soldier having to survive on the streets of belfast after a riot

• Advertisement

71 is also only availbe to rent/DL for me here.

Advertisement