Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

71 is also only availbe to rent/DL for me here.
    I've got access to both '71 and Grinders. I'm on Prime Video Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

ixoy wrote: »
    I've got access to both '71 and Grinders. I'm on Prime Video Ireland.

Not sure what's up in that case, will have to look into it. It's allowing me watch other current stuff like The Boys and Get Duked, but the two above, they want me to pay to rent :/

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

den87 wrote: »
    Mad Men arriving to Amazon on Friday

I've been making my way through Mad Men for the last month, what a show! Since March I've watched Oz, The Shield and Mad Men. Mad Men has been my favourite. The show is a slow burner but manages not to be boring at the same time. Great acting, some great comic moments and the era is captured well.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Not sure what's up in that case, will have to look into it. It's allowing me watch other current stuff like The Boys and Get Duked, but the two above, they want me to pay to rent :/

I've UK Prime and have both 71 and Grinders free to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

gmisk wrote: »
    I see 71 has been added, absolutely cracking film set in the troubles, with a British soldier having to survive on the streets of belfast after a riot

71 is excellent. Well worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The gambler is a great documentary about a young/ very south Dublin gambler.... a real snapshot of Ireland at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

But, says it's not available in my location?

Thats the error I get when I try to access Prime Video using my Irish account on an app meant for UK accounts ie. my firestick. I had to download the correct app for it to work on the firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Blumhouse Television and Amazon Studios have teamed up to conjure Welcome to the Blumhouse, a collection of all-new, diversely-themed, brand-unified films from the eponymous fabricators of film frights, arriving just in time for a Halloween season that—unprecedentedly—won’t likely involve trick-or-treating. The first four in a total of eight films will have dual premieres on Amazon Prime Video across two weeks, starting on October 6, with Black Box and Evil Eye, followed by The Lie and Nocturne on October 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

These look interesting.
    I would be a tad weary of blumhouse tv productions though that other horror series they did "into the dark" was pretty poor overall, these look a bit more glossy with bigger cast names in them.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Thats the error I get when I try to access Prime Video using my Irish account on an app meant for UK accounts ie. my firestick. I had to download the correct app for it to work on the firestick.

I use prime on the PC, will have to delve into the settings. I've not used prime video much, only recently, so not very familiar with it

[edit] Got it sorted, I can access those programs via the Prime app for windows, I was just using the web browser. Still odd, but hey, it's working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Jack Ryan is a very good show. While not being as good as either at their best, it's a mix of 24 and Homeland. Serious production values too. They really splashed the cash on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Acosta wrote:
    Jack Ryan is a very good show. While not being as good as either at their best, it's a mix of 24 and Homeland. Serious production values too. They really splashed the cash on it.

I'd agree on season 1, season 2 was very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'd agree on season 1, season 2 was very poor
    +1

Watched both and the second season was poor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jack Ryan was fun in Season 1 like junkfood, but Season 2 simply junk; it fell headfirst into Most Competent Man cliché, Ryan ludicruosly incapable of failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

The Gentlemen just added!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Does anyone please know how to adjust the brightness on Prime while viewing on Samsung galaxy s10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

auspicious wrote: »
    Does anyone please know how to adjust the brightness on Prime while viewing on Samsung galaxy s10?

It's a phone setting no? Pull down from top of screen, then again, the drag the slider at the bottom to left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Synode wrote: »
    It's a phone setting no? Pull down from top of screen, then again, the drag the slider at the bottom to left

Thanks.
    Prime has a problem that dark images are very dark and there have been problems with some tvs and phones.
    I can't find the brightness settings on Prime itself. The setting on the phone doesn't help all whole lot.
    It is no problem in a dark room but terrible in light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

this any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

whatever76 wrote: »
    this any good ?

I've yet to watch The Gentlemen, but heard it's great fun and a bit of return to form for Guy Ritchie :-)
    Its only super recent too, so wanted to highlight it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

I've yet to watch The Gentlemen, but heard it's great fun and a bit of return to form for Guy Ritchie :-)
    Its only super recent too, so wanted to highlight it!

cool sounds good - will give it a go during week !!

Watched this earlier, good ol' Brit crime fun. Enjoyed, very well casted too I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

Heard of something I think on prime. It's about a reporter investigating a serial killer and they use her tapes throughout the episodes, does anyone know the name of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

rtron wrote: »
    Heard of something I think on prime. It's about a reporter investigating a serial killer and they use her tapes throughout the episodes, does anyone know the name of it?

Are you thinking of "I'll Be Gone in the Dark"? It's not on Amazon, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,565 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rtron wrote: »

That might be Apple TV’s Truth Be Told if it’s not I’ll Be Gone in the Dark.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_Be_Told_(2019_TV_series)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

"I`ll Be Gone in the Dark" is on NowTV...You can see it in the true crime section if you subscribe to the entertainment package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

whatever76 wrote: »
    this any good ?

Very good. Best thing I've seen Hugh Grant in.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Are you thinking of "I'll Be Gone in the Dark"? It's not on Amazon, AFAIK.

Thats the one, cheers All.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Does anyone find the audio tracking off with some movies on amazon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭fman

I've had issues with lip sync over the last couple of months. Has been happening for me in the LG app but works fine on Chromecast.

Advertisement