Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nope, looking at it now, what error?

Keeps freezing like its poor Internet but my Internet speed is great. Then error message to check amazon website for help.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Sounds like internet speed to me too, its playing fine through the native prime video app on the smart telly

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Sounds like internet speed to me too, its playing fine through the native prime video app on the smart telly

Was acting up for me to reckon to many watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Keeps freezing like its poor Internet but my Internet speed is great. Then error message to check amazon website for help.

Are u using the app on smart TV ,or via Android box?

My prime and Disney+ stopped working via Android box,same thing as u, everything fine untill impress play.. error then,no play.. I googled and it seems they stopped some devices from playing content,dunno why, i got a cheap Roku stick and working fine again.

Are u using the app on smart TV ,or via Android box?

My prime and Disney+ stopped working via Android box,same thing as u, everything fine untill impress play.. error then,no play.. I googled and it seems they stopped some devices from playing content,dunno why, i got a cheap Roku stick and working fine again.

Smart TV app on LG

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Smart TV app on LG

Is it just Borat ? Weird

Is it just Borat ? Weird

Yep, I'll give it another go tomorrow night.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Taiga wrote: »
    New to Prime. Delighted to see Peteeeed is over here too. Hubby has been watching Laurel and Hardy on it. He recommends it.:pac:

I don't update this one like the Netflix one as it's too hard to keep up with UK version and the Irish 😀

Anyone having trouble playing Borat? Keep getting an error message.

I was getting it when watching ' the boys' even though my Internet speed was hard wired 500 mbps
    Borat played no problem

peteeeed wrote: »
    I was getting it when watching ' the boys' even though my Internet speed was hard wired 500 mbps
    Borat played no problem

Worked no problem today, very niiice..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,642 ✭✭✭golfball37

peteeeed wrote: »
    Borat played no problem

I got it a couple of times watching the boys as well funnily enough and never on anything else. I always watched it the day it came out and put it down to too many trying to watch it same time as me

golfball37 wrote: »
    I got it a couple of times watching the boys as well funnily enough and never on anything else. I always watched it the day it came out and put it down to too many trying to watch it same time as me

I waited for most of episodes to have come out then tried to bomb through it but every episode I'd have to stop it and restart multiple times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is Borat any use? Know a few people that have said it's poor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Synode wrote: »

It's alright. Nothing brilliant, some very funny moments, some very contrived moments. It passed some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I didn't think it was great at all tbh. Was hoping it would have evolved a bit more and focused more on Trump supporters say but seemed to be just a rehash of the first one with bits of US politics thrown in here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s 90 minutes of Borat
    I like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

km79 wrote: »
    It’s 90 minutes of Borat
    I like
    A good chunk of it felt more like “Who is America?“ to me, as ‘Borat’ was in disguise.

It’s a solid 6/10 anyway.

KungPao wrote: »
    A good chunk of it felt more like “Who is America?“ to me, as ‘Borat’ was in disguise.

It’s a solid 6/10 anyway.

It was grand for a Bank holiday Sunday morning
    6/7 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Watched a bonkers Japanese series called Who Killed Daigoru Tokuyama? It's about a class of Japanese students who turn up one day to find their teacher sitting in one of the desks, murdered, with a knife in his side. Rather than call the authorities like anyone would, and because they don't trust the adults, they decide instead to hide the corpse in a locker and try to identify the killer! This leads to a host of strange moments happening and weird characters introduced, such as the janitor who believes inanimate objects have feelings and is angered when something happens to them.

Hard to know what to make of it really. It becomes clear in the opening episode that it's not like most shows and you literally have to turn your critical thinking off altogether to go along with it. It's completely ludicrous in every way, with characters behaving in a preposterous manner. Having said that, by the end of it I found myself curious to how it would end - but even the final seconds of the episode leave you with questions.

I later learned that the classroom cast in the show are actually members of a Japanese pop band, which explains the dodgy acting. Only worth a look if you're interested in something off-the-wall from Japan.

I am trying to rent a movie and it won’t let me pay as I don’t have a uk issued credit card ?
    Changed my address to a uk one but no joy
    I think I have my region set to uk for the premier league games and really don’t want to change that !
    Any other suggestions ?

• Advertisement

Add PayPal as payment method on prime account maybe

Add PayPal as payment method on prime account maybe

Cheers will try that

PayPal not showing up as an option ?

km79 wrote: »
    PayPal not showing up as an option ?

Ahh, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,024 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Anyone having trouble playing Borat? Keep getting an error message.

Watched it yesterday without issue. I have UK prime video.

Very disappointed in the movie though. Not up to his usual standard imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Watched it yesterday without issue. I have UK prime video.

Very disappointed in the movie though. Not up to his usual standard imo

I don't think he has much of a standard tbh. Some right old sh*the in his back catalogue.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I enjoyed it, some of scenes are cringe but it's full on Borat.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I wondered how a new Borat would work? surely everyone knows of his character at this stage? Might check it out later, see how it goes

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

It depends on your view of the first one.
    I thought it was quite clever but quite contrived. I assume the 2nd is more of the same.

As for not knowing who Borat is? Well it's 15 years later and I doubt the character is well known in the US even then.
    They don't take too kindy to documentaries that paint them in a bad light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

He addresses the fact he's well known and ends up disguising himself in a number of scenes.

Advertisement