Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

dulpit wrote: »
    It's alright. Nothing brilliant, some very funny moments, some very contrived moments. It passed some time.

Pretty spot on summing up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Watched Borat last night, it was a struggle to get through tbh. Apart from the 2 more controversial scenes [that anyone who's read about the film already knows of] everything else seemed scripted and though I did laugh a couple times, overall it was a dull mess. Not a patch on the first

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Truth Seekers - new series from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost out today.

Watched the first one.. nothing special so hope it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Basq wrote: »
    Truth Seekers - new series from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost out today.

Watched the first one.. nothing special so hope it improves.
    Was disappointed myself, seemed very drawn out or badly scripted. Not a patch on previous stuff they have done together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Watched Parasite last night. Crazy movie but really enjoyed it. Visually I thought it was absolutely stunning. Superb cinematography

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

I haven't seen a post about this but thought to ask anyway, am i the only one getting "this title is not available in your current location" on a TV app.
    For example we were watching the X files 2 weeks ago fine then this week it's giving this error.
    Is not a VPN, or a location problem because the VPN one is a different error, telling you the VPN is enabled, and it's not the location because if I turn on my computer and go to primevideo.com they're watchable there, but not on amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Video

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I haven't seen a post about this but thought to ask anyway, am i the only one getting "this title is not available in your current location" on a TV app.
    For example we were watching the X files 2 weeks ago fine then this week it's giving this error.
    Is not a VPN, or a location problem because the VPN one is a different error, telling you the VPN is enabled, and it's not the location because if I turn on my computer and go to primevideo.com they're watchable there, but not on amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Video

If you get onto chat in amazon they'll fix it for you, I had the same a while back, fixed it in minutes.

Related thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

If you get onto chat in amazon they'll fix it for you, I had the same a while back, fixed it in minutes.

Related thread here

An Alexa has been playing up so we were getting onto them anyway, in the end I forgot to ask in all the trauma of trying to get them to mail a return sticker.
    Anyway they asked us to re enter the default card because they were having some problem with the address to get the return to go through.
    That also fixed the Amazon app on the TV.

Might help someone else in the future, check your default card details that probably worked perfectly all this time, maybe it'll fix it magically.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Watched an episode of This Is Us tonight. Wasn't sure at first but I think I'm gonna like it. Couple of giggles and shed a little tear at the end.
    Nice for a park your brain binge watch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Vast of the night is a pretty good sci-fi movie set in the 1950's. A bit of a twilight zone feel to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any idea if Grey’s Anatomy Season 15 would eventually become freely available on Prime TV?

Is it the same with the US Version that you have to pay extra for it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    Any idea if Grey’s Anatomy Season 15 would eventually become freely available on Prime TV?

Is it the same with the US Version that you have to pay extra for it?

Thanks

Seems it’s listed under ‘Grey’s Anatomy Season 15’ but only the first 14 seasons are listed under ‘Grey’s Anatomy’

Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So is it thumbs up or......thumbs down !!!! For utopia ???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,717 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Original...up up up
    US version..mildly down

It's not abysmal but poor compared to the original

• Registered Users Posts: 10,816 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've been watching a bit more prime video lately than usual. The interface on TV is woeful. The way they split shows into different listings for different series baffles me. I'm currently watching the boys, nearly finished season 1. When I open the app, there's a banner for the boys at top, but when I click into it, it's for season 2, so I have to then scroll back through episodes to find where I am.

It's also a pain that they don't have an obvious "continue watching" section at the top. It's there sometimes, but i have to hunt for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

dulpit wrote: »
    I've been watching a bit more prime video lately than usual. The interface on TV is woeful. The way they split shows into different listings for different series baffles me. I'm currently watching the boys, nearly finished season 1. When I open the app, there's a banner for the boys at top, but when I click into it, it's for season 2, so I have to then scroll back through episodes to find where I am.

It's also a pain that they don't have an obvious "continue watching" section at the top. It's there sometimes, but i have to hunt for it.

Agree with this.
    There's often more than one tile for a show. One will be for a random season and the other might bring you to the season you were on. It's horrendous

As you said, a simple "continue watching" section would go a long way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Agree as well.

It's seems designed to make it hard to stay within content included in your subscription. But constantly pushes content you have to buy at you.

It's exhausting. Easiest to use Alexa. I also dislike how content in my watchlist switches to pay per view without warning me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pushed to buy paid content is not relevant to the Irish Prime yet is somehow constantly being discussed.

Anyway as I know it's a popular title and one I'll probably watch the weekend again myself - Mad Max Fury Road is leaving Prime on the 23rd, don't say ye weren't warned! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

beauf wrote: »
    It's seems designed to make it hard to stay within content included in your subscription. But constantly pushes content you have to buy at you.

I've the app on 2 different TVs, one us much better than the other. However on both there's a button on the top "Free to me" or something like that which will just display movies and shows that come as part of your subscription.

Watch Next also brings you right into either where you left off mid viewing, or to the next episode of whatever show you click into.

Pushed to buy paid content is not relevant to the Irish Prime yet is somehow constantly being discussed....

You might not be able to buy it but it keeps getting in the way. IMO Anyway.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    I've the app on 2 different TVs, one us much better than the other. However on both there's a button on the top "Free to me" or something like that which will just display movies and shows that come as part of your subscription.

Watch Next also brings you right into either where you left off mid viewing, or to the next episode of whatever show you click into.

I know but you'd imagine that would fill your default home screen.

Stuff you want to continue watching and whats in subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had a look at the Power Rangers film. I was a big fan of the series as a kid and I was curious how this one would go since I'm usually a sucker for nostalgia. My expectations weren't high and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I thought it lost its way. It reminded me of a criticism I've heard from Mark Kermode about the Marvel films and how the final half-hour usually descends into lots of explosions and CGI. It was hard to feel emotionally invested in it.

Rita was very bland and Goldar no character to speak of. The school bullies were disappointing too; neither threatening, nor OTT funny. In a movie like this you probably have to be one or the other. The friendship between them was a bit hit-and-miss. The one between Billy and Jason I could buy, but the others not so much. One minute characters are giving the evil eye or swinging punches, the next minute everything's grand. No great humour really, whereas Marvel movies usually give you one or two funny lines. I also thought the suits were ugly as hell. Wish they had made them more like the '93 TV series ones which I always thought were better than the ones that came later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just 20 minutes in, love all the imagery and the use of yellow so far, just met Arby think I'll be disappointed with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Acosta

Loving The Boys. Nearly finished the first season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,396 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

James May's Oh Cook series is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Parks and Recreation is very funny, particularly after season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've been working through "The Man in the High Castle". I'm really enjoying it but it's not what I expected. I loved the idea of alternate history but I didn't know about the sci-fi aspect!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    As you said, a simple "continue watching" section would go a long way

There is one, it's "watch next".

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished season 2 of the X-Files. Really enjoyed it. I feel like by the end of this season the show had become a lot more polished and akin to later seasons. I also like the fact they tried to mix things up more in this season. Sometimes it didn't work out, like the vampire episode which I thought was one of the weakest of the season. But I really got a kick out of the first humourous episode on the show, Humbug, where Mulder and Scully have to investigate a circus. One of my favourite moments of the season is when one of the performers is telling Scully that the world needs mutants, and imagine how horrible it would be if everyone looked perfect like him, and then the camera cuts to Mulder standing on a step in a ridiculous pose.

I never realised Krychek was Mulder's partner so when he turned it up it was a nice surprise. By the time I started watching he was an established bad guy. Thought Mr. X was a fun addition to the show and I like this character more than Deep Throat. Skinner is starting to become more fleshed out as well. The season 2 finale was very action-packed and I see it continues into season 3, so I want to watch that next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,396 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finished season 2 of the X-Files. Really enjoyed it. I feel like by the end of this season the show had become a lot more polished and akin to later seasons. I also like the fact they tried to mix things up more in this season. Sometimes it didn't work out, like the vampire episode which I thought was one of the weakest of the season. But I really got a kick out of the first humourous episode on the show, Humbug, where Mulder and Scully have to investigate a circus. One of my favourite moments of the season is when one of the performers is telling Scully that the world needs mutants, and imagine how horrible it would be if everyone looked perfect like him, and then the camera cuts to Mulder standing on a step in a ridiculous pose.

I never realised Krychek was Mulder's partner so when he turned it up it was a nice surprise. By the time I started watching he was an established bad guy. Thought Mr. X was a fun addition to the show and I like this character more than Deep Throat. Skinner is starting to become more fleshed out as well. The season 2 finale was very action-packed and I see it continues into season 3, so I want to watch that next.

Humbug had Kim Manners on directing duty and he was a big influence on the show, sadly he died from cancer in 2009. That episode takes the mick out of Mulder somewhat, see the scene with the hotel manager - played by of Michael J. Anderson of Twin Peaks. The non-Scully, vampire episode was because Gillian was pregnant at the time, turned out to be useful catalyst for how the writers shaped the main arc of that year. There's a lot to look forward to in 3, I'd be lying if I said deep nostalgia wasn't the reason I'm such a big fan of Anasazi, Blessing Way and Paperclip. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on Jose Chung's, Pusher and so on.

X is pretty fierce, thanks to Steven Williams.

This is a good site if you're looking for transcripts. http://www.insidethex.co.uk

We didn't have Wikipedia, back in the day. Ratboy was Krycek's online nickname.

I'm reading this at the moment.

Advertisement