Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Basq wrote: »
    Truth Seekers - new series from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost out today.

Watched the first one.. nothing special so hope it improves.

Oh I am enjoying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Truth Seekers - kept my interest so far. I reckon some will hate it. I think its ok.

I liked Jack Ryan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Dan da man!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

for those who have uk prime here's the premier league fixtures being shown

27th November

8:00pm – Crystal Palace v Newcastle

6th December

7:15pm – Liverpool v Wolves

13th December

7:15pm – Leicester v Brighton

15th December

6:00pm – Wolves v Chelsea
    8:00pm – Man City v West Brom

16th December

6:00pm – Arsenal v Southampton
    6:00pm – Leicester v Everton
    6:00pm – Leeds v Newcastle
    8:00pm – West Ham v Crystal Palace
    8:00pm – Fulham v Brighton
    8:00pm – Liverpool v Spurs

17th December

6:00pm – Aston Villa v Burnley
    8:00pm – Sheffield Utd v Man Utd

19th December

3:00pm – Southampton v Man City

28th December

3:00pm – Crystal Palace v Leicester
    5:30pm – Chelsea v Aston Villa
    8:00pm – Everton v Man City

29th December

6:00pm – Brighton v Arsenal
    6:00pm – Burnley v Sheffield Utd
    6:00pm – Southampton v West Ham
    6:00pm – West Brom v Leeds
    8:00pm – Man Utd v Wolves

30th December

6:00pm – Spurs v Fulham
    8:00pm – Newcastle v Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

I know this has probably been asked a million times but i can't seem to find the answer by searching the thread. Is it still possible to get them to change your region to the UK through chat?

I know this has probably been asked a million times but i can't seem to find the answer by searching the thread. Is it still possible to get them to change your region to the UK through chat?

yes , i changed my address to my parcel motel virtual address before i went on the chat and they changed it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Perfect, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

I’m not sure whether mine is set to Ireland or the UK. Is there any show I can search to check? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished season 3 of the X-Files and this one was one of my favourites. I thought it started on a roll. The mythology episodes were gripping and the monster-of-the-week episodes were well done. I enjoyed D.P.O., about the guy with lightning powers, and Pusher, about the dying guy with suggestive powers. I think my favourite of the season was Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose. I like Peter Boyle and wasn’t aware he was ever on the show. That was a nice surprise and he was a great guest. My favourite alien episode I'd say was the one where Mulder is stuck on the train carriage. Jose Chung’s From Outer Space was one of the funny ones. Maybe my favourite line of the season is the one where Mulder and Scully are arguing about why she never gets to drive and he says he’s not sure her little feet can reach the pedals!

I didn’t think the end of the season was quite as strong as the start. I read on the Prime trivia notes that one of the reasons why Skinner got his own episode was the cast were feeling exhausted at that point. I didn’t like the Hell Money one set in Chinatown, while my least favourite episode this season was probably the Revelations one where Scully has to protect the kid with stigmata.

Overall, I thought this was a great season. It was worth going back on the early stuff just for this one. I’m going to keep going into Season 4. I started watching regularly some time in the mid to late 90s so I’m curious when I’m going to start recognising episodes.

I’m not sure whether mine is set to Ireland or the UK. Is there any show I can search to check? Thanks

You'll see links to the football and rugby on the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Utopia canceled.... very quickly
    I lasted maybe 3 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

peteeeed wrote: »
    yes , i changed my address to my parcel motel virtual address before i went on the chat and they changed it straight away

Did you just change your delivery address? Did you simply ask for them to switch you to the UK or did you give any additional information/explanation? Sorry to be asking but I want to do the same and want to make sure I don't go wrong!!

oodles19 wrote: »
    Did you just change your delivery address? Did you simply ask for them to switch you to the UK or did you give any additional information/explanation? Sorry to be asking but I want to do the same and want to make sure I don't go wrong!![/QUOTE

I had parcel motel as my default address and I just asked in the chat, address was never brought up but I would use the parcel motel as the default address if I was you then change it after you get UK prime sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 17,024 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It will be interesting to see if we all get moved from UK prime video to the Irish one on January 1st if no brexit deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if we all get moved from UK prime video to the Irish one on January 1st if no brexit deal

If they your location is the UK they shouldn't change it?

PsychoPete wrote: »
    If they your location is the UK they shouldn't change it?

Yes BUT the only reason you can take your UK content to other EU countries is because of an EU directive. So from Jan 1st you will have UK content BUT it may become geoblocked again & you won't be able to view it outside of the UK. Before the EU directive you could only watch UK content with VPN or smart DNS. Id imagine it will return to this as the won't have the rights to stream UK content in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Anyone know why quite alot of shows on UK prime but not the Irish version, would like to watch the Oceans apart Doc.
    Also there was a show I wanted to watch they have series 2 and 3 but not the first one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Anyone know why quite alot of shows on UK prime but not the Irish version, would like to watch the Oceans apart Doc.
    Also there was a show I wanted to watch they have series 2 and 3 but not the first one!!

Some content may differ due to region but the particular film mentioned is on UK Prime but as paid content and Irish Prime doesn't have that feature just what is part of your subscription.

Some TV shows are in blocks for some reason e.g. Outlander 5 seasons all there but 1-3 are separate try select them from the block that has 4&5 and it will tell you not available but search for them in the search and they appear with no option to select 4&5 in that block then. I know Handmaid's Tale has the latest season there but not the other seasons which is a shame as I hope to watch that at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'm watching Community at the moment and got to Season 3 only to find that there are only about half of the episodes available. Very disappointed with Prime.
    The interface is absolutely shocking aswell. Maybe some really good exclusive content but I'll be cancelling after Christmas for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

I have a years Prime video via an Eir offer, tried to switch it to the UK just there and Amazon didn't show an active Prime subscription on my account, so that must be dealt with differently. Shame, they have a couple of Liverpool games this month that I'd have liked to watch in a handy way...

oodles19 wrote:
    I have a years Prime video via an Eir offer, tried to switch it to the UK just there and Amazon didn't show an active Prime subscription on my account, so that must be dealt with differently. Shame, they have a couple of Liverpool games this month that I'd have liked to watch in a handy way...

This is a long thread but this topic has come up before & some claimed to have successfully moved to UK prime even though they were Eir

I'm watching Community at the moment and got to Season 3 only to find that there are only about half of the episodes available. Very disappointed with Prime.
    The interface is absolutely shocking aswell. Maybe some really good exclusive content but I'll be cancelling after Christmas for sure.

The interface is really painful to use. Take ages to get back what you were just watching. Half the stuff you put in your watch list switches from included on your subscription to paid before you get to watch it.

I'm waiting for the last season of a couple of shows, but once done I'll be cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Puzzled as how you managed this?

Community has been in that current state since July when it was due to leave why its still up there with a mixed bag of episodes here and there is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Puzzled as how you managed this?

Community has been in that current state since July when it was due to leave why its still up there with a mixed bag of episodes here and there is beyond me.

Sorry, to clarify I had Netflix and started watching the show on there. But I switched over to Prime and was happy to see Community listed with "Seasons 1-6 available". Which isn't really true. I'd have preferred they just removed it, instead of leaving a mixed bag of episodes as you mentioned.

I guess with the poor interface and difficulty finding content this was the last straw for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This is a long thread but this topic has come up before & some claimed to have successfully moved to UK prime even though they were Eir

I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Will pass a few hours someday

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    The Girl who played with fire
    The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

peteeeed wrote: »

Really happy about that, Thank you.

Advertisement