Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 in 1 feeders

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

If using oats in the feeder, what does everyone do for minerals and vitamins that you would usually get from using a nut or a ration?

PS I’m going to mix in soya bean meal with the oats from about 3 weeks out from lambing

I dont have one of these feeders but I've been mixing oats with pellets for feeding with the past few weeks.i mix 2:1 pelleys:oats. Found with just pellets ewes were leaving them behind but they seem to be mopping up the mixture. How do you find the soya?. I know a neighbour feeds that and reckons its great gear. I might look at adding that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dannyboy1605

Hi All, how is everyone finding the feeders? I have switched over to include nuts now (5mm nut) anyone any idea what is the best setting to have ewes consuming 0.6kgs a day?

Advertisement