Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen laptop

Options
  • 04-08-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I know this is a long shot and I should probably just get over it but just thought of trying cause there are precious memories in the devices.
    So my laptop (surface 3) and hard drive were stolen from my summer accommodation near to UCD. There's no sign of break-in and the thief only stole these two things, so it's deeply puzzling. The house situation is a bit complicated, being a students house and I heard someone has been kicked out cause he stole stuff from others.
    It is most probably that the theft was carried out by someone familiar with the building but I have no proof whatsoever.
    While the chance is slim, I just hope whoever is/becomes aware of any information will kindly inform me. Those memories are important to me.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Think you can track your surface from your Microsoft account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 danieldublin

Rackstar wrote: »
    Think you can track your surface from your Microsoft account.

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried but i seems like it will only work under certain conditions i.e. if the device comes online and such. I have also contacted Microsoft but they are not very helpful thus far.

Advertisement