Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Question about the verified reps

Options
  • 05-08-2017 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭

Do the verified reps in the talk to forums /sponsored forums have access to users details such as email address or real name if not displayed publicly on your profile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Absolutely not. They are just like regular users on the site, apart from the fact that Boards.ie HQ has verified who they are through their company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Absolutely not. They are just like regular users on the site, apart from the fact that Boards.ie HQ has verified who they are through their company.

Thank you. Just curious as I know someone who works for one of these companies and was curious could they see any details about me on my profile.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Not at all, as Tom Dunne has said they don't have any more access to user details than you would, i.e. none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

On this basis, I would like to ask what level and higher can actually see our email addresses etc? And who can see into private messages as we all contact talk to people with our details to get matters resolved and always curious as to who in boards.ie could actually poke around and find who we are..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Not at all, as Tom Dunne has said they don't have any more access to user details than you would, i.e. none at all.

Thanks Niamh, nice to know.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

TheDriver wrote: »
    On this basis, I would like to ask what level and higher can actually see our email addresses etc? And who can see into private messages as we all contact talk to people with our details to get matters resolved and always curious as to who in boards.ie could actually poke around and find who we are..........

Staff and admin can see email addresses.

No one can see into private messages. The only exception is, if it was required for example, for some sort of investigation, private messages can be accessed in the database by tech staff but this is a long process and not something that can be done easily or quickly so it very rarely happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TheDriver wrote: »

As Niamh said, Private Messages are private. The contents can only be accessed when there is a need to do so, and only with good reason.

When you share your private information with a Talk To rep, they are bound by Data Privacy rules and can only use your information for the purpose for which it was gathered. The Talk To reps are governed by the Data Privacy Policy of their orgaisation.

Also remember that Data Privacy means that we can only use your information for the purposes of running Boards, in line with the purposes for which it was gathered. See the Boards Privacy Policy for more detailed information.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement