Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta A400 xcel

Options
  • 05-08-2017 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying one of these second hand for clays. Any have any issues with these guns or anything I should keep an eye out for. Any issue cycling loads I have heard they don't like 21g shells

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Know a couple of lads with them and no bother
    Do you shoot many 21g shells.? If not shouldn't be a problem.
    I had a Benelli years ago and some one told me you couldn't shoot clays with it coz it doesn't like 28 g shells. Never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Did a bit of clay shooting yesterday and was using 21g, 24g and 28g shells in an o/u just to get the feel of the difference in the recoil. I was happy enough with the 24g shells which I believe would be the normal loads for 90% of clays. I was looking in the gunroom afterwards and spotted a A400 with the kick off recoil system. The guy in the shop reckons they won't cycle 21g loads so just something to be wary of if buying any gas operated semi auto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Your Normal clay loads are 28g.
    You can get 24g but there actually a bit dearer although people say a nicer pattern.
    There is minimal recoil from the A400 line. I wouldn't be worrying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Good stuff cheers lad

Advertisement