Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV goes blank when PS3 is connected

• 05-08-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭

Howdy. So I have a Toshiba telly, that I got around 10 years ago so has plenty of work done and is still working a charm. Last week I turned on the PS3 for the first time in a year or so and the tv screen went blank (HDMI connected). Ya gotta turn it off and back on and it will display for a second or 2, then do the same thing again.

Few things I've tried:
    1. Virgin Horizon box and my PC cause no issues
    2. Tried both HDMI ports with he PS3, both behave the same (blank screen)
    3. PS3 works the finest on 3 other tellys I have
    4. Both HDMI ports work with other peripherals
    5. Cables work with other peripherals, and work with PS3 and other tellys
    6. Performed video reset on PS3

I'm totally at a loss. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Howdy. So I have a Toshiba telly, that I got around 10 years ago so has plenty of work done and is still working a charm. Last week I turned on the PS3 for the first time in a year or so and the tv screen went blank (HDMI connected). Ya gotta turn it off and back on and it will display for a second or 2, then do the same thing again.

Few things I've tried:
    1. Virgin Horizon box and my PC cause no issues
    2. Tried both HDMI ports with he PS3, both behave the same (blank screen)
    3. PS3 works the finest on 3 other tellys I have
    4. Both HDMI ports work with other peripherals
    5. Cables work with other peripherals, and work with PS3 and other tellys

I'm totally at a loss. Any ideas?

Probably no help as you said it's hdmi connected but hold the power switch till it double beeps. It might be on the wrong input setting which is why it's blank. Is the tv full hd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Probably should have stated I did the video card reset thing on the PS3 (I'll update OP) and still no better. It did work for maybe 30 seconds, but went again. I'm not sure if the telly is full HD. Supports 1080p and 1080i (tried both in the PS3 display settings too but no change in behaviour). TV and PS3 always worked together without issue but now don't anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭wotausername

I had same problem with ps3 and Toshiba tv. Holding in power button for a few seconds until it beeped seemed to sort it

Advertisement