Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First reptile

Options
  • 05-08-2017 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I have been thinking about getting a pet corn snake for a while now but I don't know where to buy everything.does anyone know where does prices in Dublin.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I've no experience with them personally but I often see Reptile Haven in Templebar recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

If you're going to get a reptile do your homework first. I made the mistake of listening to pet shop advice and it didn't go well.

Pet shops in my experience have little to no knowledge when it comes to care and are also poorly supplied when it comes to reptile care, they need specialized cages, heating, humidity, thermostats, diet etc...it can also be very hard to find a vet qualified to treat them.

Definitely stick to something basic like a king snake or corn snake, there is also a National Reptile zoo in kilkenny im sure they would offer some really top advice.

Advertisement