Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Graduation Rights

Options
  • 05-08-2017 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭

I'm finishing this year and was wondering what happens after graduation in terms of access to the on campus facilities like the library and old Dining Hall or the Long Room, or online to the library and associated databases?. I've used the access to the databases online many times to investigate areas outside of my studies that interest me for example.
    Are my installations of Office 365 going to stop working soon?
    How about access to Microsoft Imagine, I'm running Windows 10 on this laptop and two other machines with licenses from there, are they going to suddenly stop working?
    Anything else I should prepare for? Thanks!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

You don't retain much. You lose your online TCD account (and access to journals through TCD) and blackboard soon after graduating. You can apply for a graduate readers card which allows you access to the libraries but you don't get online access there however if you need something from an online journal you can use one of the library computers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

Anita Blow wrote: »
    You don't retain much. You lose your online TCD account (and access to journals through TCD) and blackboard soon after graduating. You can apply for a graduate readers card which allows you access to the libraries but you don't get online access there however if you need something from an online journal you can use one of the library computers

You also can't borrow as a grad reader, I think.

Still have free access to the Long Room and anyone can use the dining room. You keep your @tcd email but lose everything else that requires a login (unless, maybe, my.tcd remains accessible to graduates for some services, like accessing your transcript.)

Advertisement