Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby bump measuring big!

Options
  • 05-08-2017 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I thought I'd post this here instead of pregnancy forum as someone may have been in the same, or a similar, situation.

I'm currently 35 weeks gone but my bump is measuring 41cms! I'm just wondering if anyone else had something similar and what the outcome was if any?
    I'm back to the Coombe on Wednesday but I've been driving myself demented with google because I'm not sure what it could mean at all. I'll be gone crazy by Wednesday!

My previous appointment with the midwife was 5th of July @31weeks and I was measuring perfectly and it's the same with all previous appointments and checks.

I was quite heavy before I got pregnant, I weighed in at 15 stone 3 and I'm 5ft4. between finding out I was pregnant and 16 weeks gone I had lost weight and was down to 14 stone 4. Weighing myself this morning and I was 15 stone 1. I'm not sure if that would have an impact, especially considering all my other measurements have been fine!

hoping someone can shed some light on it, thanks ☺️

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Baby measure big for me from 32 weeks on. He was under 6lbs when born at 40+2. The measurements in 3rd trimester may not mean much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I know it's hard, but try to ignore google, and think about it as little as possible. I wouldn't worry about anything unless someone tells you there's something to actually worry about. You could go in Wednesday, and be back on track.
    I've had three babies, and no one has ever measured my bump. I didn't realise that was even a thing any more, I only see them doing it on call the midwife!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Mine measured big and the baby was perfectly average when born. Unless they use the really fancy machines and spend ages on it they really cannot be sure.

Ps only after an in depth 30 minute scan to assess fetal distress did they measure me to within 2 oz. And that was measuring everything possible on the scan for half an hour on their newest machine

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Had two, never been measured.I wouldn't worry about it.Some nurses and doctors seem to get very hung up on babies being 'big', and it seems to me to be a very inexact science.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Throughout my last pregnancy, up until I actually gave birth I measured small - I was referred for scans etc. My baby was 8llb 11ozs! Whatever measuring technique they were using didn't work with us!

• Advertisement
Advertisement