Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery schedule not met

• 05-08-2017 7:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Had a delivery scheduled today between 10am and 4pm.

No sign. No contact. No answer.

On hold 10 mins, disconnected, on hold again now 15 mins.

Email auto-response 5 days. No chat.

What are my rights here?

Wasted day on a bank holiday weekend.

Store open till 9pm should I wait, stay on hold or give up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

It's a bank holiday for everyone, not just you. I wouldn't sweat it, put your feet up and have a brewski.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

You should write a letter of complaint to the company you have purchased goods from.

you should outline any losses occured by you as a result of the failed delivery; if there were any, and any inconvenience suffered,
    however the 5/8/17 was a saturday, and your inconvenience probably wasn't financial?

In your you can outline what you think would be an acceptable response, IE would you be happy with a written apology? Are you looking for financial recompense? Are you out of pocket?

I would concentrate on getting the goods delivered at a convenient time for yourself.

You asked what rights you have; you have a right to receive the goods or service paid for, or a refund. if you are demonstrably out of pocket due to failed delivery you may be able to claim that back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

if you are demonstrably out of pocket due to failed delivery you may be able to claim that back.

Just out of curiosity, is there any legislation stating this? Or would we be working off common decency here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Xterminator

found the uk law clearly spelt out.

https://www.seatons.co.uk/legal-services/consumer-law/compensation-for-a-failed-delivery/

irish law and uk law usually very similar.

onyl think i found on irish law was a subsection here -

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-goods/deposits/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,440 ✭✭✭✭L1011

irish law and uk law usually very similar.

Both consumer and contract law are sufficiently different to make relying on UK info dangerous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement