Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet dropping between 10 and 20 times most days

Options
  • 05-08-2017 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Our internet connection drops multiple times a day. Today we replaced all the phone wires in the house to determine if that was the problem and it's still happening. The modem is on the first connection coming into the house. When it works it's grand, but it goes so often we can't do anything. It seems to be random times, some days it's early in the morning and sometimes in the evening. Our phone is also slow to connect to calls and there seems to be a lot of interference on the line. I unplugged every device and plugged them in one by one no matter what we have connected it drops. We had a similar problem in the past and Eircom said it was fixed, but now its back again and worse than before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    Our internet connection drops multiple times a day. Today we replaced all the phone wires in the house to determine if that was the problem and it's still happening. The modem is on the first connection coming into the house. When it works it's grand, but it goes so often we can't do anything. It seems to be random times, some days it's early in the morning and sometimes in the evening.  Our phone is also slow to connect to calls and there seems to be a lot of interference on the line. I unplugged every device and plugged them in one by one no matter what we have connected it drops. We had a similar problem in the past and Eircom said it was fixed, but now its back again and worse than before.
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear if the issues you're having with your service. Have you been in touch with our technical support team about this?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Our internet connection drops multiple times a day. Today we replaced all the phone wires in the house to determine if that was the problem and it's still happening. The modem is on the first connection coming into the house. When it works it's grand, but it goes so often we can't do anything. It seems to be random times, some days it's early in the morning and sometimes in the evening.  Our phone is also slow to connect to calls and there seems to be a lot of interference on the line. I unplugged every device and plugged them in one by one no matter what we have connected it drops. We had a similar problem in the past and Eircom said it was fixed, but now its back again and worse than before.
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear if the issues you're having with your service. Have you been in touch with our technical support team about this?

- Adam
    We had them out last week and the problem is still ongoing. 2 different representives on the same day told us 2 different storys, one said we have a lot of faults on the line, while the first said we have none. We were also put on hold, but the representitive forgot to press the hold button and we were subject to some vey unprofessional behaviour from staff, such as foul and abusive language and insults between staff, before being cut off after 25 minutes. We were told someone from Eir would call back within 24 hours about the issue last Thursday which, as expected, they didn't. They have made every excuse, it's pathetic at this stage, 47 times on sunday alone. If i decide to unwind and have a game of xbox online I can't play online because I can't guarantee it will stay on & watching something on Netflix is not possible due to the outages. My internet went off 6 times between 7 and 7.50 tonight alone, it's just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam
    We had them out last week and the problem is still ongoing. 2 different representives on the same day told us 2 different storys, one said we have a lot of faults on the line, while the first said we have none. We were also put on hold, but the representitive forgot to press the hold button and we were subject to some vey unprofessional behaviour from staff, such as foul and abusive language and insults between staff, before being cut off after 25 minutes. We were told someone from Eir would call back within 24 hours about the issue last Thursday which, as expected, they didn't. They have made every excuse, it's pathetic at this stage, 47 times on sunday alone. If i decide to unwind and have a game of xbox online I can't play online because I can't guarantee it will stay on & watching something on Netflix is not possible due to the outages. My internet went off 6 times between 7 and 7.50 tonight alone, it's just not good enough.
    I sincerely apologise for the level of service you've received on the call. If you PM me your account number and full name I will pass this on to management and it will be looked into. I'll also take a look into your broadband issue for you.

- Adam

Advertisement