Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what would happen if suddenly there was no males ,only females

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

The world would turn to sh*t literally and figuratively with nobody upkeeping sewers, rubbish disposal becoming non existent and no new buildings being built while current buildings turning to sh*t quickly too. However wine will be sold by the oil tank and there will be more cats than people on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Boards.ie activity would plummet...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Society as we know it would collapse.

Who would design, build and maintain the buildings, who will tend to the sh1tters and sewer systems. Who will drill the oil, fish the seas. Who will build the roads and maintain them. Who will build and design the cars which drive on them??

Society as we know it would collapse.

Who would design, build and maintain the buildings, who will tend to the sh1tters and sewer systems. Who will drill the oil, fish the seas. Who will build the roads and maintain them. Who will build and design the cars which drive on them??

Female engineers? I do believe they exist in the current world, and conceivably would too in an all female world. Assuming they occasionally take a break from all the lesbian sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Who would make sexist comments and cause outrage to feminists by holding open a door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cat fights aplenty.

A Dutch Tv company did a social experiment about 15 years back.

It was part of the show 'Survivor.'

They placed 12 men on a island and 12 women on another island. Compare and contrast how both got on. The production company ended up having to transfer males to the female island.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

I watched some documentary a few years ago that said if humanity fails and becomes extinct, the most likely creature what's going to step up and become the next evolutionary conqueror is the current domesticated pet cat. They grabbed all the best tips from living with humans without them actually really needing us to survive as they are pretty much domesticated but at the same time still a apex predator in their own environment. They'd also utilise all the ruined buildings that the jungle would take over and live up high in them, stalking everything underneath to kill. There was other examples too but I can't remember them. I think one of them was that cats produce some kind of chemical in their waste what can make some folk infertile or something crazy like that? I'm not sure. The show was giving the implication that the pet cat's DNA is actively looking to wipe out humanity. Maybe the producer was a total bull$hitter and very anti-kitty but it all sounded very plausible but at the same time I was also very drunk watching it, hence, can't remember. I have two cats myself and didn't want to believe this anti-cat propaganda either but was very interesting.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

Female engineers? I do believe they exist in the current world, and conceivably would too in an all female world. Assuming they occasionally take a break from all the lesbian sex.

They do indeed.
    But 20 years working in the construction industry I have yet to see a woman working down in a manhole. Engineers may design buildings and bridges but they are built by others. Nearly always men.
    My most recent job is supervising road paving contractors. Yet to see a woman on them in Ireland. I have only ever seen one and that was in Canada.
    I am not saying women can't do these tings, I am saying they don't.
    And in a world of only women I still don't think that would change.

• Advertisement

yesto24 wrote: »
    They do indeed.
    But 20 years working in the construction industry I have yet to see a woman working down in a manhole. Engineers may design buildings and bridges but they are built by others. Nearly always men.
    My most recent job is supervising road paving contractors. Yet to see a woman on them in Ireland. I have only ever seen one and that was in Canada.

In an all male world it's quite conceivable that the odd dishwasher might get filled, as amazing as that concept may be.*

*And I'm guilty as charged on that one myself :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Offside rule would be scrapped!

I was seeing a lad for a couple of months when I was a teenager and we were out with his friend. For some reason the Offside rule came up and I explained what I thought it was and then the lad i was going out with repeated what I said in much more detail.

His friend said "you're both right but she explained it the way a man would and you explained it like a woman" :pac:

I'm not actually sure of the Offside rule tbh so maybe just got it right by chance that day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Conspectus wrote: »
    So, who of our fine minnions is going to be brave enough to start the counter thread to this?
    Not me. Personally, I don't want to think of a world without women!

In a world without women we'd all be buggered.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

Gmol wrote: »
    World war shoe?

The Blahnik / Choo campaigns were both the most vicious and hilarious of that war, so many souls lost ,tottering across 'no-man's-land'.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

The lazy stereotypes and lame jokes of this thread would be reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

assuming the reproduction side was sorted

I think it would be a lot easier for men to survive without women than the other way around.

there are men working in every job type in the world. I cant think of one job where there are no men working in it.

most of the practical trades are male dominated . unfortunately there are very few women if any working in the trades
    I don't ever remember seeing a female working in any of these trades.
    plumber
    electrician
    esb
    tiler
    roofer
    carpenter
    kitchen fitter
    welder
    fabricator
    furniture manufacturing
    cctv
    hvac
    satellite tv
    ground workers
    sewer workers

I think that the men would learn the skills that the female side have a greater knollague in a lot faster

• Advertisement

Think of post apocalyptic world. There would be a revert to nature.

Concepts such as third wave feminism are only tolerated within the social structures which men have built.

You try explaining that to another mammal such as a Male Lion Pride Leader. They don't have such structures and do not tolerate bullsh1t or a deviation to their natural order in any form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Sure. Trying explaining anything at all to any other mammal at all, see how far you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

yesto24 wrote: »

They do indeed.
    I am not saying women can't do these tings, I am saying they don't.
    And in a world of only women I still don't think that would change.

Don't you mean womanhole ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The lazy stereotypes and lame jokes of this thread would be reversed.
    Whilst wimmins frequently do u-turns, they can't reverse!

He he he womanhole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

lifeafterpeople05.png

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

Objects on high shelves would be doomed to remain out of reach for all eternity and the only movies showing in cinemas would be rom-coms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

In an all male world it's quite conceivable that the odd dishwasher might get filled, as amazing as that concept may be.*

Men always put dishes in the dishwasher. It's taking them out that is the problem for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

An elite of big butch Lesbians would take over and dominate the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Jar lids would never be opened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

According to Kevin Myers, the Jewish women would take over and pay the rest 5c per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

No. They are now called access chambers but until I see a woman working down one it's called a manhole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

In an all female world the dishwasher would be emptied too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

professore wrote: »
    According to Kevin Myers, the Jewish women would take over and pay the rest 5c per hour.

Smart lad Kevin Myers is. Getting on the dole good and early.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

No men to remove spiders from bathroom, they wouldn't last a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Hmmm...a lot of the better-looking females would be completely fvcked, seeing as their attractiveness to men was their greatest talent, attribute and characteristic and provided for all her needs. The uglier but more capable females would probably run the world but hold a grudge against the pretties. And female grudges are never forgotten but have the appearance of being forgiven.

The world would be as noisy without men, as with men. The noisemakers remain and men would finally know peace.

Hmmm...a lot of the better-looking females would be completely fvcked, seeing as their attractiveness to men was their greatest talent, attribute and characteristic and provided for all her needs. The uglier but more capable females would probably run the world but hold a grudge against the pretties. And female grudges are never forgotten but have the appearance of being forgiven.

The world would be as noisy without men, as with men. The noisemakers remain and men would finally know peace.

Sucks to be you dude. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Burial. wrote:
    The world would turn to sh*t literally and figuratively with nobody upkeeping sewers, rubbish disposal becoming non existent and no new buildings being built while current buildings turning to sh*t quickly too. However wine will be sold by the oil tank and there will be more cats than people on the planet.

We'd have to assign someone to those jobs. Criminals maybe, you wouldn't catch me going down a sewer.

Heavy things would have to stay where they are forever, that's the main problem I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Fewer people getting lost as they actually ask for directions.

Who would they ask that could actually give directions?

The cat population would soar as unattached women always choose either a cat or a bible, no priests mean no religion!
    With no men how can there be a god?
    Then with no males, how can there be only females.
    ??

Human extinction within 122 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

no priests mean no religion!

I think Father Sinead O'Conner would have something to say about that.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    I think Father Sinead O'Conner would have something to say about that.
    but still no children will be born, unless human life ends up like dairy cattle farming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Was going to post something witty and funny,but then I remembered something I seen a while back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

There would be nothing to musk the bad smell of fanny and a civil cat fight would ensue, thus leaving the country to be governed by a bunch of rogue cows, and by cows I don't mean ladies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Things would mainly stay the same, but there'd be a lot less dicks about.

but still no children will be born, unless human life ends up like dairy cattle farming.

First of all this is primarily a thought experiment. However new babies could come about by two ways that I can think of:-

1. There's a spunk load of sperm frozen - with careful management that would keep them going for a long time*.
    2. A few years ago they said they could fertilise an embryo from a persons cell, and not just a sperm cell.

So, theoretically they could live without us.

As to the sex, they could definitely (not that it would make sense) control that so only females are born.

* The fertility of men is dropping at an alarming rate, so contingencies like this may need to happen in reality.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

First of all this is primarily a thought experiment. However new babies could come about by two ways that I can think of:-

1. There's a spunk load of sperm frozen - with careful management that would keep them going for a long time*.
    2. A few years ago they said they could fertilise an embryo from a persons cell, and not just a sperm cell.

So, theoretically they could live without us.

As to the sex, they could definitely (not that it would make sense) control that so only females are born.

* The fertility of men is dropping at an alarming rate, so contingencies like this may need to happen in reality.

On average over a short timeline it's gone from many millions to not as many millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

If this thread is any guide, there might be 50% fewer humans, but there'd be about 90% fewer assholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

B0jangles wrote: »
    If this thread is any guide, there would be 50% fewer humans, but weirdly there'd be about 90% fewer assholes.

Is that why there's always women in constipation tablet ads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

If women ran the world we wouldn't have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.

Robin Williams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Wall to wall knitting & cooking, pink everything, lesbo heaven, leggings everywhere, knickers & bras, skirts & floral frocks to die for :-)

No wars either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Why do so many think there would be no wars?

Who would the militant feminists give out about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Yet, a lot of women took up 'male' jobs during wartime and proved be quite capable.

kbannon wrote: »
    Who would the militant feminists give out about?

Non militant feminists, same as now. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement