Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what would happen if suddenly there was no males ,only females

Comments

Why do so many think there would be no wars?
    Wars are usually fought over resources, so in theory, there would still be wars.
    But far fewer and more prolonged due to the fact that women generally don't admit defeat.

fatknacker wrote: »
    Yet, a lot of women took up 'male' jobs during wartime and proved be quite capable.

Yeah....those brave souls who took up manufacturing while those damn men swanned off on their jollies abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Yeah....those brave souls who took up manufacturing while those damn men swanned off on their jollies abroad.

You REALLY need to spend less time on Boards and more time reading a history book or two.

You REALLY need to spend less time on Boards and more time reading a history book or two.

You can tell that from a glib post? I'll keep it in mind. Your opinion is important to me, please hold the line for my next available operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

You can tell that from a glib post? I'll keep it in mind. Your opinion is important to me, please hold the line for my next available operator.

My opinion was important enough to warrant your reply.

If your statement was a genuinely held view then it was enough to warrant the response it got.

But, if it was meant as a joke, apologies.

My opinion was important enough to warrant your reply.

If your statement was a genuinely held view then it was enough to warrant the response it got.

But, if it was meant as a joke, apologies.
    You always need to remember that this AH on Boards, so the answers are either;
    A, serious (a rare occurrence)
    B, sarcastic (less common)
    C, not serious (most likely)

This forum is full of C's, for some of the answers the C has different meanings! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Nothing would get done in the world of work. They wouldn't have the balls to make a big decision. I have worked with loads of males and females and i have yet to meet a female with as much drive and the guts to make the decisions men do every day.
    That's why they aren't in as many management positions as men. No other reason.
    That's why there is a pay discrepancy that is so topical now, not some made up discrimination they like to throw about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

they should do one of those survival shows and put the men on one island and the women on another and see who does better

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Why do so many think there would be no wars?

Reasons for no wars.

"I'm not wearing that uniform, I don't like it"

"That coporal was mean to me "

"I can't be seen in a tank"

"That hat will mess my hair "

Rinse , repeat and vary the programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

That's deadly but nothing to do with this thread or what I said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

fatknacker wrote: »
    Yet, a lot of women took up 'male' jobs during wartime and proved be quite capable.

And let's not forget:
    "Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat." - Hillary Clinton.

Burial. wrote: »
    And let's not forget:
    "Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat." - Hillary Clinton.

Again, replying to something I didn't say. This was about women being able to do manual labour when the men left. It's not a "whose a bigger victim" thread.

It's as irrelevant as me posting:

"Grab them by the pussy" -Donald J Trump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cubik

Burial. wrote: »
    And let's not forget:
    Strange thing for her to say. The primary victims of war are those killed surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

fatknacker wrote:
    Again, replying to something I didn't say. This was about women being able to do manual labour when the men left. It's not a "whose a bigger victim" thread.

I think people read your post as implying women stepped up to the plate but discounted the fact the reason they had to so was because men were away fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Cubik wrote:
    Strange thing for her to say. The primary victims of war are those killed surely.

That's the irony of her comment and why it was posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Cubik wrote: »

Yeah tis like saying men are the primary victims of rape, it happens to their wives, mothers and daughters.

America dodged a bullet better than Neo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Ladies and gents, come on ta fück. This is a light hearted thread that I am enjoying. Don't make me mod it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Reasons for no wars.

You forgot

"I'm not going out there she's wearing the same thing as me"

I think people read your post as implying women stepped up to the plate but discounted the fact the reason they had to so was because men were away fighting.

No it's a thread about women being able to survive without men, many preceding posts stated none would be capable of doing certain jobs. My post was reminding that many were deemed capable during wartimes. If that was interpreted as a victims competition on who had if worse during war, then...meh. Can't be arsed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

RayM wrote: »
    There would be fewer road deaths. Also, you'd be able to make minor factual inaccuracies on the internet without anyone immediately jumping in and saying "well, actually..."

The amount of dents in cars and car park prangs would skyrocket though.

Reasons for no wars.

What if woman A insults the hat of woman B? War is a definite certainty IMO....

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It'd debunk the oft-expressed guff that if women ran the world, it'd be a utopia of flower meadows & kittens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Garden sheds would stand as monuments to a lost civilization.
    Empty, unused and no one knowing what they were for...." Some say the ancients would just stand alone in there for hours, practicing some mystical art known as DIY"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

we would die off as a species through a lack of reproduction rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

kbannon wrote:
    There would be chaos in every car park!

Reversing into a parking spot would be banned.

Facebook would introduce a big button to automatically post a reply "aw are you alright hun"

Tesla would be famous for long lasting vibrators instead of cars.

• Advertisement

bmwguy wrote: »
    Nothing would get done in the world of work. They wouldn't have the balls to make a big decision. I have worked with loads of males and females and i have yet to meet a female with as much drive and the guts to make the decisions men do every day.
    That's why they aren't in as many management positions as men. No other reason.
    That's why there is a pay discrepancy that is so topical now, not some made up discrimination they like to throw about.
    That's not my own experience at all. The capability in that regard between men and women has always been 50/50 from what I've observed. Currently I work in an operation led by two women and they are constantly having to make very risky decisions but don't need any hand-holding.

I do think confirmation bias and over-focus on gender can come into play in these discussions. Whereas a lot of people just don't think about the sex of the person and they just see a professional.

Then again, it could be different for different industries. I do agree the gender pay gap is a myth.

As for engineering etc being doomed, how do people know this? If women were left to their own devices, they'd just have to do it.

It's like saying there would be nobody nursed to health or hardly any teachers if there were just men and no women. Men would just have to do those jobs though.

kbannon wrote:
    There would be chaos in every car park!

Reversing into a parking spot would be banned.

Facebook would introduce a big button to automatically post a reply "aw are you alright hun"

Tesla would be famous for long lasting vibrators instead of cars.

Parallel parking would be a mythical concept similar to an invitation to the Mods Christmas party.

What???

:rolleyes:

Perfectly legitimate thread, especially considering your disdain for people posting threads on topics that have been done before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Everything would be "fabulous" most of the time.

And when things aren't "fabulous", other women would ask "you alright hun?"

You'd wonder how different the world would be without men.
    People keep going on about the war aspect, but what about space exploration, the internet, television and all the other areas that males would have more interest in.
    I could see us being more advanced medically in a female dominant world, because women would have a more empathetic, caring outlook and would push for more advances in those fields.

Anyway just a thought...

• Advertisement

Garden sheds would stand as monuments to a lost civilization.
    Empty, unused and no one knowing what they were for...." Some say the ancients would just stand alone in there for hours, practicing some mystical art known as DIY"

Museum exhibits would include such curiosities as the '21st Century Paint-Stirring Stick', and 'Boot-Cut, High-Waisted, Middle-Aged-Man Jeans'.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cold hands

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexmission
    This is an approximation of what it would look like. Old, but classis. Cannot paste liks yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Smurfette principle

There would be no wars anymore but intense negotiations every 28 days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Lez fest!

Candie wrote: »
    Museum exhibits would include such curiosities as the '21st Century Paint-Stirring Stick', and 'Boot-Cut, High-Waisted, Middle-Aged-Man Jeans'.

I have both of those.
    Fúck. My daughter was right. I am a museum piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

and society had to be reorganized.  Making new babies ( only female ) is not a problem due to medical advancements.  what would the world look a generation from now? would it be much different?  Would there be less wars?
    Nope:

https://www.economist.com/news/europe/21722877-european-history-answer-queens-especially-married-ones-who-gets-more-wars-kings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

silverharp wrote: »
    they should do one of those survival shows and put the men on one island and the women on another and see who does better

Have you watched the YouTube clip on Post #89? (Turn on the subtitles.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Carbon omissions would plummet during the summer months as office women everywhere finally got to completely turn off the air conditioning, followed by a winter disaster of carbonic proportions as overworkered boilers strain to maintain at least 40°C.

Have you watched the YouTube clip on Post #89? (Turn on the subtitles.)

very good thanks! , what I expected :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Farts would not be seen as hilarious.

• Advertisement

Farts would not be seen as hilarious.
    lots of cats being blamed instead!
    do-cats-fart-a-trio-of-culprits.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

munster87 wrote: »
    Everything in the world would be washed and ironed and there would be a fine supply of sandwiches

If a woman makes a sandwich in the forest and no man is there to eat it, does it make a taste?

silverharp wrote: »
    very good thanks! , what I expected :pac:

You're delighted. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

and society had to be reorganized. Making new babies ( only female ) is not a problem due to medical advancements. what would the world look a generation from now? would it be much different? Would there be less wars?
    Well all of the inventions and discoveries have kind of been made at this stage, so there's no real need for men.

About half of women would become teachers and divide up the time to get yet more holidays. The other half would go into HR, but there'd be nothing to hire for!! They'd also have to start wolf whistling at each other for the need of something to complain about.

Just goes to show, this is a women's World, but it would be nothing, nothing without a man or a boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

huge increase in natural yogurt sales to cope with all those yeast infections......
    I'll get my coat.....:pac:

Cubik wrote: »
    You're delighted. :)

no, surprised it got aired though, would have thought the fem collective would have had the show canned. :D as it goes against the whole women fish bicycle thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

there would be world war 3. started by the line 'the state of her in that dress'

Giving people the stink-eye would be a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 thedebatelad

What sort of evil dictator would create a world like that in all honesty? Lets be practical :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

A whole new lexicon will be needed , starting with the drivers seat of an aeroplane, then tackling all those male and female threads in the plumbing trade.

Advertisement