Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what would happen if suddenly there was no males ,only females

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Oulfellas pubs would disappear, as would bookies.

But we'd have a branch of Avoca in every town in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Parallel parking would be outlawed
    Shopping would have to be brought in by themselves

B0jangles wrote: »
    If this thread is any guide, there might be 50% fewer humans, but there'd be about 90% fewer assholes.
    Of course women can't be mechanics, what would a woman know about cars. Ha ha ha. Go make me a sandwich. Hey is there a man around i can talk to about my car.

Has anyone noticed there's no female mechanics around? Must be cos they're sh1t. The world would collapse with females only. Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

bluewolf wrote: »
    Of course women can't be mechanics, what would a woman know about cars. Ha ha ha. Go make me a sandwich. Hey is there a man around i can talk to about my car.

Has anyone noticed there's no female mechanics around? Must be cos they're sh1t. The world would collapse with females only. Definitely.

'That time of the month' eh?

Watch out for bears, I hear they go after females when that happens.

#rational #logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm curious why they think there are so few female mechanics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Women would starve as they would have no one to open up the jars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Aptitude tests aplenty to determine which women should start/change careers into the previously male-dominated industries.

More effort made to attract romantic interests as women are known to be pickier.

A sharp decline in the number of assaults and being mauled/grabbed on nights out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

More effort made to attract romantic interests as women are known to be pickier.

All women to become gay?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's a pretty cool comic series about this, called 'Y - The Last Man'. It's about a future society in which all male creatures - humans, animals, etc - have died except for one guy. I don't read many comics but I thought that one was pretty darn good.

Think they're turning it into a TV show as well, riding on the coat tails of the like of Preacher/The Strain/Walking Dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

I have always found that men make better food than women, so I think it's a bit of a myth when it comes to food. But child care would fall apart. Most men don't have a clue and I think it should be left up to women to look after children.

• Advertisement

I have always found that men make better food than women, so I think it's a bit of a myth when it comes to food. But child care would fall apart. Most men don't have a clue and I think it should be left up to women to look after children.

That's pretty insulting to men. Plenty of fine capable fathers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The Humphead Wrasse is a fish which is a protogynous hermaphrodite, meaning that some of the females become males.

250px-Humphead_wrasse_melb_aquarium.jpg

In a world without men, would humans evolve eventually, to the extent that some of the population would become men, naturally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Bear Grylls' The Island did a similar experiment and the women fell to pieces. If not for intervention from the medical teams, they'd have starved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Free up a lot of court and hospital hours anyway without men around to murder and assault each other. But all that spare time would realistically be spent queueing for the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Sleepy wrote: »
    Bear Grylls' The Island did a similar experiment and the women fell to pieces. If not for intervention from the medical teams, they'd have starved.

I wouldn't go by a reality show, that isn't proper survival. They would have known there'd be help if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

A whole new category of goods in shops described as "that lovely candleholder we saw in Una's house at Christmas, soooo classy"

Old categories like"handy box to hold stuff in like screws and other bits and bobs" would disappear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Sleepy wrote: »

I wouldn't go by a reality show, that isn't proper survival. They would have known there'd be help if needed.
    It was pretty close to the real thing. Literally go days without food and water on that show before medics called in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's pretty insulting to men. Plenty of fine capable fathers out there.

My greatest fear as someone who wants to be a father. I fear as an Adult, I may not be able to adequately care for a child without my Wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    My greatest fear as someone who wants to be a father. I fear as an Adult, I may not be able to adequately care for a child without my Wife.

It's not as bad as people make it out. Think of all the men and women who've done it before you. You'll be amazing as long as you care about the child, feed them and love them and they'll thrive.

My husband sometimes forgets to feed them :o

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    PandaPoo wrote: »
    It's not as bad as people make it out. Think of all the men and women who've done it before you. You'll be amazing as long as you care about the child, feed them and love them and they'll thrive.

My husband sometimes forgets to feed them :o

Thank you both for the vote of confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

They'd all be living in the dark ages within six months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

They'd all be living in the dark ages within six months.

At least there would be no more faking orgasms :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Vagiclean...aisle 5, price check on Vagiclean.

Weve got a full on fallopian fungus and i think its sourdoigh.

Better put a rush on that.

Hey big guy !
    You hear the news ? - My son Billy got the lead in the high school musical !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭badabing106

Adele and Taylor swift would get severe writers block

Staring at bewbs would go out of fashion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

A lot of miserable old Spinsters is my guess, sort of the opposite to all the bachelor farmers in rural Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

They would still have to choose who would stay home and watch the kids.
    Then it would be Same Gender Inequality , I work harder than you female vs female, why do I always end up washing the dishes or cleaning the house crap , except they couldn’t play the Gender card anymore.
    Having to come up with a new word for that would be the main issues of having no males.

Advertisement