Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing a music video

Options
  • 06-08-2017 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have taken five main highlights from a music video. I plan to repeat the 5 main highlights over and over again until i finish the video. However it isn't as simple as it sounds. Some clips for the video don't match the sound. Is there a formula I can follow for editing music videos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheImp34

I have taken five main highlights from a music video. I plan to repeat the 5 main highlights over and over again until i finish the video. However it isn't as simple as it sounds. Some clips for the video don't match the sound. Is there a formula I can follow for editing music videos?

What I got from that is, you got a music video and you cut 5 different scenes out of it, and want them 5 scenes to be on a loop for the whole song?

If that is what you mean, or that some of the segments you plan to repeat have their sound aside from the song in the music video, then you'll either need the original video from the music video to isolate the sounds, or just leave them muted and let the videos play adjacent to the actual song.

But if you want them on a basic loop, then download the song from the music video separately, put it on the timeline, sync the 5 segments you created and time them to the song yourself, keep them muted so they're not replaying different parts of the song - over the song, and then just keep copying and pasting the 5 videos until it fills the length of the song.

You wouldn't be able to isolate sounds from videos within a music video you'd find on youtube, you would need the raw files to do so.

But, I might have misunderstood what you were asking to begin with.

Advertisement