Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tench night fishing

Options
  • 06-08-2017 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I am planning on going night fishing later today and would like your help finding a good spot.
    I am from North Dublin but do not mind a bit of travel. I want to find a place where I can park my car right next to the swim so that I can get a few hours sleep without worrying about leaving my gear out on the swim.

I normally go to Mentrim which is ideal location wise, however there is very little tench and it gets very crowded lately.
    I do not mind if it is a lake or a river as long as it has a good stock of tench, would also prefer that permit is not required.

And before anyone asks - obviously c&r.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

sasar wrote: »
    I am planning on going night fishing later today and would like your help finding a good spot.
    I am from North Dublin but do not mind a bit of travel. I want to find a place where I can park my car right next to the swim so that I can get a few hours sleep without worrying about leaving my gear out on the swim.

I normally go to Mentrim which is ideal location wise, however there is very little tench and it gets very crowded lately.
    I do not mind if it is a lake or a river as long as it has a good stock of tench, would also prefer that permit is not required.

And before anyone asks - obviously c&r.

So basically fishing out of the car with the biggest fishes possible and you are going in few hours and you dont want to pay (without permitt).... well fishing takes sometime and you may not get anything even in the best spot taht is crowded by tench.... i cant help you tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

River Shannon.

Advertisement