Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCD Art's points predictions

• 06-08-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, just wondering what everyone thinks the points for Arts in UCD will go to this year. I know there's been an increase in 2% in applications to arts around the country so I'm kind of nervous. Does anyone think the 320 it currently stands would possibly jump beyond 340?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

I think it's highly unlikely. UCD Arts is the biggest course in the country, so it absorbs increases in demand better than most without it translating to a points increase. From this excellent site you can see that the points requirement has only ever once moved more than ten points in a year, and that was down. In the last ten years, it has moved upwards four times -- three times by five points, once by ten.

I don't know where you got that demand figure from, but the stats released by the CAO (from which the media's analysis of demand always comes) show that demand for Level 8 arts and social sciences remained unchanged and that there was a 2% drop at Level 7. Anyway, because a 2% change is just relative to the previous year's arts category, the absolute change would be comparatively negligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

mcclens2 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what everyone thinks the points for Arts in UCD will go to this year. I know there's been an increase in 2% in applications to arts around the country so I'm kind of nervous. Does anyone think the 320 it currently stands would possibly jump beyond 340?

No. Simple as that

Advertisement