Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a GARMIN edge 1000 bundle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Spaniard14 wrote: »
    Hello guys, I am looking for the Garmin edge 1000 bundle. The cheapest one I have found is on Amazon,
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00JP88ILG?m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&tag=idealocom-mob-21&childASIN=B00JP88ILG&ascsubtag=0mKj9Lo70NQjumO5X3jNOA
    Do you know if it is available cheaper somewhere else or if a new model will be launched soon so it is better to wait.

A new edge 1030 coming soon. So if u wait the 1000 will drop more or buy the new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Spaniard14

A new edge 1030 coming soon. So if u wait the 1000 will drop more or buy the new model.

Thank you for your reply.

Oh, I just saw that a new device may be announced soon. I will wait and see if it is presented soon. Honestly, I dont know what else can be added to the current models ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Spaniard14 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.

Oh, I just saw that a new device may be announced soon. I will wait and see if it is presented soon. Honestly, I dont know what else can be added to the current models ;)

They are not amazing for the price to be honest - I'm waiting for a company like Xiaomi to come into that market. You could have much snappier menus, more responsive screens etc without the need for new features

And here it comes. 1030 just announced. I hope to get a good offer the upcoming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

There too many features and not a reliable GPS. I would wait as there are alternatives coming and not soon enough.

• Advertisement

There too many features and not a reliable GPS. I would wait as there are alternatives coming and not soon enough.

I have seen many videos out there of not very happy owners. I have also seen a lot of facebook ads of a new brand delivering their new gps soon, and about the wahoo units, not sure if they are good enough. Hopefully more competitors will join... but probably not soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

DcRainmaker has a review here of a new gadget coming out - hammerhead karoo.

It has bluetooth, wifi, 3G cellular and strava connectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

I've bought, at launch, the Garmin Edge 500, 800, 810, 1000, and the Forerunner 910xt and 920xt. If there's one bit of advice I can give anyone, it's do not buy ANY Garmin product at launch. It will take at least 6 months of software updates for it to become usable in the manner which you expected, with all features fully operational. I'm currently following my own advice, finally, by waiting for the 935xt to be out a while before I even consider upgrading the 920xt.

RE the 1000, you can get the performance bundle from Handtec for €372 (not in stock but they usually get stock in fairly quick after ordering). Link here: http://www.handtec.co.uk/garmin-edge-1000-performance-bundle.html

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

Advertisement