Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheels4U Celbridge closed?

Options
  • 06-08-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Is the bike shop in St. Wolstans shopping closed permanently? The shutters have been down all week and their website is closed too. If they are closed that's a pity as I thought the service there was quite good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Looks like its unfortunately gone into liquidation - creditors meeting held 3rd August according to company documents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Terrible prices and terrible advice given to new cyclists. Not surprised or unhappy it's gone tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Wow you obviously had a bad experience. I had the opposite, found them good and very friendly - yes I could have bought some stuff cheaper online, but I intentionally bought there to try support a local business. Sad to see them go. Any other business than another feckin pharmacy or hair place is welcome in my book!
    Went to the other cycle place in the ind. estate the other side of town and found their customer service crap...never went back.

I buy nearly all of my stuff from there. They've always looked after me and their customer service is second to none imo. And no - I don't work there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Orion wrote:
    Terrible prices and terrible advice given to new cyclists. Not surprised or unhappy it's gone tbh

Orion wrote:
    I buy nearly all of my stuff from there. They've always looked after me and their customer service is second to none imo. And no - I don't work there

What? Pick a lane!

• Advertisement

Second comment was in response to Idioteque's reference to Bikeworx.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 alfaealba

agree, sad to see a small business go. IMO found them friendly and helpful. Like Idioteque, I tried Bikeworx before and found unless you are really into professional biking and know the scene they were a bit dismissive and not very helpful.

Advertisement