Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Language Cycling Site

Options
  • 06-08-2017 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Just back from holidaying in France & a bit of impetus to try improve my basic French on the reading side of things. Just been searching in vain but anyone can point me to a French language pro-cycling site which might be a comparatively easy way to make it into something of a helpful routine. L'Equipe would be ideal I'd guess but it looks for subscriptions after an article or two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Had no idea when I originally read this but I was googling for some info on something else and I came across velo101.com which seems like a cyclingweekly kind of site in French.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

If you search for "cyclisme" you will find the cycling (sport) section of a bunch of online news sources like Le Monde and Eurosport.fr. Perhaps you might find links to cycling specific sites there and you can get all your grand tour news in French.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Thanks alot lads. I'll give those pointers a proper look when I've time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Testing my poor brain now & just to say that velo101 site seems ideal thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

There's also a semi active French language Reddit sub on cycling (not as busy as this forum for example)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

pelevin wrote: »
    Testing my poor brain now & just to say that velo101 site seems ideal thanks.
    Likewise last night. My school French is a long time ago so only scratching surface. Interesting speculation article about possiblity of Quintano leaving Movistar for Astana or Sky once Landa arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crippens1

pelevin wrote: »
    .... L'Equipe would be ideal I'd guess but it looks for subscriptions after an article or two.

They only look for a sub for particular stories and rarely for the basic, headline reports of races. I really like l'Equipe for the simplicity of the writing and find it very useful for improving my French. This dictionary site is also very useful for colloquialisms and figurative phrases; it has a discussion board which is a great source for slang and other idiomatic treats.

http://www.wordreference.com/fren/rafale

Advertisement