Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a Good Itinerary for 1 year in Australia?

Options
  • 06-08-2017 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm going over to Oz on my own last week in september or the first week in october. Going to book flights in a few days. I'll be flying into Sydney, and staying with a friend East Maitland, which is I think about 2 hours away from Sydney. I'll be getting a train via Hamilton. I plan on commuting into sydney to do interviews etc and staying there until i get a job/find a place which hopefully wont take toooo long. FYI, female, late 20s.

My aims over there are:
    1. Get professional experience(/boost my cv) that i can use whenever I come back to Ireland.
    I have been working in web development the past few years since leaving college but I'd really like to try something different, I'm done with that now. I'm hoping to try something different and get a marketing/pr role over there, I have a tiny bit of experience and a couple of contacts (nothing major but its better than nothing!)so I do want to get a job in oz that will help my cv.. not just a bar job etc. ( i wouldnt rule out taking the first temp admin job that comes along while i find my ideal role though- not sure how easy temp admin roles are to come by).

2. Travel, see NZ, a good bit of oz etc.

My questions are what would a good itinerary be? Lots of people say 'Have fun before you get a job, travel etc' to be honest i wouldnt feel relaxed going out loads/travelling around oz at the start without a job.. also i couldnt really afford it. I'm going to be going over with barely the minimum money requirement. Id prefer to get a job soon enough after i get there, get into the swing of things, save etc. I have no clue about where's good to travel to.. or what to see. iv heard of people doing the gold coast etc I would prefer doing those trips with people.

For example, would a lot of people spend approx 3weeks- 1 month job searching& house hunting. Then work for 6 months.. then travel for 1 or 2 months around oz then do farm work? Or whats a good way to do it? I'd like to get the most out of my OZ experience and see as much as possible but I have zero plan on how to do that. I'll of course go with the flow but id like to have a rough itinerary in the back of my head..

Any help/tips/experience would be great. Thank you!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'm a bit biased as I have family in Perth and have been there 27 times but I'd stay miles away from it for work.

I absolutely loved Melbourne. So like new york. Real vibrant city.

My aunt says hobart very up and coming.

Advertisement