Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Site is unwelcoming to new users.

Options
  • 06-08-2017 1:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

Hi,

I signed up a couple of days ago. I started a discussion in the Atheist and agnostics forum as I was looking to discuss and find answers to an Irish issue regarding an Irish right-wing hate group leader and her ostensibly liberal Irish atheist friends.

I've tried to read all the literature on guidelines etc provided to make sure I was doing things in the right way.

In the days that followed I haven't been able to login. This is the first time it's been possible. I must have tried a 100 times, always getting an error. I even contacted the boards twitter account to see if it was something i was doing wrong.

Over this time I've been "outed" in public and within the discussion with regards to my location and Nationality and so on by a user called Mick Nugent. Apparently, this is a breach of the rules.

The discussion was locked due to this breach of the rules and apparently i have been removed acces from that whole topic.

Surely common sense and basic priniples of justice dictates that the person who broke the rules should be the one who is punished and not his target?

I've been left genuinely confused here, if this is an old boys club that's fine, it's your call but could you at least make that more clear for new users of your site.

Thanks for your time.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can to Boards, and in particular one forum, with a very specific agenda. You can hardly act surprised and innocent that you were called out on this. Starting this Feedback thread with a faux-innocent naivete is not going to win you any favours either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement