Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Predictions - 2017/2018

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Winner: Man City
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool
    Relegation: Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea

Top Goalscorer: Lukaku
    Most Assists: De Bruyne
    Player of the Year: De Bruyne
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Alli

Best Signing: Matic
    Biggest Flop: Klassen
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Pogba
    Breakout Player: Loftus-Cheek

Surprise Team (Good): Watford
    Surprise Team (Bad): Stoke/West Ham
    First Managerial Casualty: Bilic

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Klopp to get the sack
    Got a few right but surprised by Liverpool/Salah doing so well. Forgot Klassen existed so wasnt far off with the biggest flop anyways! :D Stoke/WH doing badly as predicted as well but doesnt look like any of my relegation tips will go down unless Swansea collapse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Winner: Man City
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Arsenal, Man Utd, Everton
    Relegation: Burnley, Brighton, Huddersfield

Top Goalscorer: Kane
    Most Assists: de Bruyne
    Player of the Year: de Bruyne
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Jesus

Best Signing: Lacazette
    Biggest Flop: Lidelof
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Coutinho (or if he leaves, Pogba)
    Breakout Player: Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Surprise Team (Good): Crystal Palace
    Surprise Team (Bad): West Ham
    First Managerial Casualty: Billic

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Mourinho to be sacked or Vardy to be in the top 3 top goalscorers!

Predictably not great predictions :)

Got Man City correct. KdB currently has most assists and was neck and neck for PoTY. Kane has favourable fixtures so could still be top scorer but probably not.

Not much else correct :/

Winner: Man United
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Spurs, Arsenal, Everton
    Relegation: Brighton, Palace, Huddersfield

Top Goalscorer: Lukaku
    Most Assists: Eriksen
    Player of the Year: Pogba
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Dele Alli

Best Signing: Lukaku if he fires them to the title but Chicharito as value for money
    Biggest Flop: Walker or Danilo - just the City defence really
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: pretty much the same as above isn't it ? I'll say Ozil just to burst the 'form is temporary but class is permanent' nonsense
    Breakout Player: Demarai Gray or Trent Alexander Arnold if either can get a regular start

Surprise Team (Good): Watford & Swansea
    Surprise Team (Bad): Palace
    First Managerial Casualty: Billic

Audacious Prediction of the Season: - Liverpool to reach the Champions League final and Pep to resign in a fit of petulance and possibly even during a post match interview.

Well I put all my eggs in the Jose basket and got it wrong. It won’t stop me predicting them to win it next year though. I went with Lukaku for top goal scorer and Pogba for player of the year simply because I really fancied United to win it.

I really didn’t rate Pep, going into the season, and I thought he’d be found wanting hence my prediction for City defence being the biggest flop.

Happy enough with my break out player suggestion.

Delighted with my audacious prediction also.

Think next season we should put bookmakers prices in brackets beside our predictions as it’s too easy to forget how things felt at the start of the season. For example my ‘surprise team good’ were Watford and people may forget they were in top 5 favourites for getting relegated - I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Winner: Spurs
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): City, Chelsea, Utd
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Arsenal, Liverpool,Southampton
    Relegation: West Ham,Stoke,Huddersfield

Top Goalscorer: Vardy
    Most Assists: Eriksen
    Player of the Year: Salah
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Iheanacho

Best Signing: Kolasnic
    Biggest Flop: Rooney
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Pogba
    Breakout Player: Fosu Mensah

Surprise Team (Good): Brighton
    Surprise Team (Bad): West Ham
    First Managerial Casualty: Bilic

Audacious Prediction of the Season: Jose not to last the full season and 1st division team to win FA Cup

GOOD CALLS;Got POTY right at least,Rooney,Pogba Stoke relegated,Brighton(maybe)
    BAD CALLS Everything else,Spurs WTF was i thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Winner: City
    Champions League spots (2nd, 3rd and 4th, in order): Chelsea,United,Arsenal
    Europa League spots (5th, 6th and possibly 7th, in order): Spurs Liverpool Everton
    Relegation: Huddersfield,Burnley,Swansea

Top Goalscorer: Kane
    Most Assists: KDB
    Player of the Year: Kane
    Young Player of the Year (U-23): Alli

Best Signing: Sandro
    Biggest Flop: Morata
    Underachieving/Over-Hyped Player: Morata also
    Breakout Player:

Surprise Team (Good): West Brom
    Surprise Team (Bad): Spurs
    First Managerial Casualty: Benitez

Audacious Prediction of the Season: City go unbeaten

Bold ones I did are correct. City to go unbeaten wasn't far off tho!

Advertisement