Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling maternity clothes....any point?

Options
  • 06-08-2017 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

So I am done haveibg babies and have a fair few maternity/breastfeeding tops etc. Do people buy these second hand? I was going to donate them to VdeP but then thought I could see them and give the money to VdeP instead. But it is worth the hassle or do people only buy new?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Would you consider donating them to a women's refuge maybe, if there's one near where you are?

I've often seen bundles of maternity/breastfeeding clothes being given away for free in Facebook groups etc, I doubt you'd manage to get much money for them unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Would you consider donating them to a women's refuge maybe, if there's one near where you are?

I've often seen bundles of maternity/breastfeeding clothes being given away for free in Facebook groups etc, I doubt you'd manage to get much money for them unfortunately.

Oh I totally would, I never even thought of that. Thanks! I have no interest in getting money for them I just wanted to make sure they went where women might need them. Will google now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Depends on the brand. I got a couple of maternity wear dresses on ebay for events, sold them on afterwards for almost the same money. Nothing superposh, think it was isabella oliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

If you're on Facebook there's a dedicated page for selling (or you can put them up as free to collect, or whatever). Think it's "maternity and nursing clothes FSOT" or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Just to say I contacted the refuge and they didn't want them as they had no storage room. So I put them up on adverts for a really cheap bundle (5 each) and will give the money to charity instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Dublin Mamas Freecycle is a good group on Facebook for passing on things like that, just in case Adverts doesn't work out. (If you're based in Dublin!)

Advertisement