Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to start kickboxing as a teen

Options
  • 06-08-2017 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi
    im a seventeen year old girl, about 5'3 and 56kg. i'm not really fit and i am interested in kickboxing to get in shape but also learn the sport for its techniques. i found one place in tralee that teach it but is seventeen too late to start? i have no experience with anything really, not much muscle either. i've looked through the gallery and it's pretty male-heavy, would it be weird for me to join? i don't want to do it just for cardio, i want to really excel with it as a hobby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

No, seventeen is not too late.

Give it a try, see how you get on. Be prepared to have to work hard at it to reach a decent level of proficiency.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

17 is not too late.

Go to the class give it a try and if it doesn't work out for you don't be afraid to try it somewhere else even if you have to wait til you move off for college.

18 or 19 is not too late start either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

You'll be fine. There's a good few women in my club, and most older than 17.

Advertisement