Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice period not accepted.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just a quick update on this. So, I finished up last Friday. Management decided not to cancel my first month's leave, after all. HR advised them not to do so, I believe. I told my manager that I was going to finish up early, using up some of the time that I had on my clock. New work and queries relating to existing work, were getting fired at me throughout the day. A lull came my way at 3pm, so I logged out, approached my manager and said my goodbyes to the team. My manager started to ask me some more work related questions but I said that I had a bus to catch. Got a text later from a colleague of mine telling me that word went round the office that I bolted without saying goodbye, which was not true, as per above. I am just glad to be out of there at this stage and I plan on relaxing for the next month or so before I start hunting for a new job. Shame that I lost the original job. Got a personal reference from one of the managers in there also, who understands how poor the place is, which is great to have.

Advertisement