Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting DVD file types

Options
  • 06-08-2017 8:03pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Can anyone suggest the easiest way of converting a series of VOB files (1 to 9) back into one video of any type like MP4 or whatever. I don't have the DVD, I just have all the files I copied from it. Looking for something free as I only need to do this once off, so would rather not have to buy software if at all possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Handbrake maybe.

I know it works with actual DVDs, so presumably it would work with the raw files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

If Handbrake doesn't work directly, check out https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/287488-How-to-convert-VOB-files-to-an-ISO-file for options to convert to ISO before Handbrake. Let me know later if that worked. Stick the files on a thumb drive if you want me to have a go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Thanks guys, I'll give Handbrake a go. I did manage to extract the important clips I wanted, but the rest of the DVD came out with little or no sound, so not sure if the files I have are corrupt yet. Tricky I just posted it to OHP on facebook, have a look, I got the important parts. See you in the boozer later!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Avidemux should do all you need.

Advertisement