Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BASC NI and farmers pest control

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Great idea. As a young fella I remember getting phone calls from Farmers, rabbits on cabbage in spring, pigeons on savoy in August.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Farmers often don't ask as too many lads have their hands out for cash these days. The same ones who are out hunting game during the winter on the same land & think their entitled to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Great idea. As a young fella I remember getting phone calls from Farmers, rabbits on cabbage in spring, pigeons on savoy in August.
    This is how our club do most of our vermin control i.e. We get a call from a farmer and TBH you are almost obliged to go. Money or even cartridges are never even discussed.My own belief, for what it is worth, is that greed from some shooters/hunters is a major factor in farmers being willing to allow people shoot on their land.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

would help any farmer out with a problem with vermin, 2 big sheep farmers around my area need foxes gone and most of all for the gun club, permission to the land should be enough.

Advertisement