Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draining water from wheels

Options
  • 06-08-2017 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Howdy folks. Have a pair of Bontrager Aura 5 (50mm alu rim with carbon fairing) thay always seem to fill with water when I ride in the wet. The water obviously gets in around the spoke holes and the drain holes in the rim don't seem to let enough out so you can still hear it sloshing around.

Apart from taking the wheel off and shaking it until "most" of the water comes out, or worse still removing tyre, tube and rim tape.....has anyone got any smart ideas for getting the water out? I was wondering would a wick type approach work where I could put in some twine and hope maybe the water would follow the twine out (obviously I would need gravity on my side).

Interested to hear if anyone has any pearls of wisdom. Hate the thought of having to remove the tyres after every wet spin....we live in Ireland for jaysus sake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I used a dehumidifier when I had cosmics, worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

You can buy a large packet of resealable desiccant for caravans in most DIY stores . Rest the wheel upright over the opened packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

You can buy a large packet of resealable desiccant for caravans in most DIY stores . Rest the wheel upright over the opened packet.

Advertisement