Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending 3 nights in Tralee for Anniversary

Options
  • 06-08-2017 10:04pm

It's my partners & I first anniversary and it's been years since the love of my life has been to Tralee he loves it down there and I've never been so I said I'd book us a trip to celebrate. I was just worried what is there to do below.

We'll be in Tralee from the 2nd of September to the 5th my partner loves shopping.

Am I right in thinking there is only 1 Penny's and that's in the city centre is there more?

We're staying in the city is there other shopping centre besides the manor west is there a Penny's in the manor west also?

We plan on going to the aqua dome also.

Is there markets on that Saturday or Sunday also?

What restaurants are good for food and atmosphere.

The 3rd is our anniversary is there anything on that night or something we could do that romantic

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

tajd wrote: »
    It's my partners & I first anniversary and it's been years since the love of my life has been to Tralee he loves it down there and I've never been so I said I'd book us a trip to celebrate. I was just worried what is there to do below.

We'll be in Tralee from the 2nd of September to the 5th my partner loves shopping.

Am I right in thinking there is only 1 Penny's and that's in the city centre is there more?

We're staying in the city is there other shopping centre besides the manor west is there a Penny's in the manor west also?

We plan on going to the aqua dome also.

Is there markets on that Saturday or Sunday also?

What restaurants are good for food and atmosphere.

The 3rd is our anniversary is there anything on that night or something we could do that romantic

Thank you

Tralee town has a lot of shops. There's a Penneys on the Main Street in the town centre, there only one Penneys in town. but there are plenty of other shops around the town centre. There's also a retail park in Manor west, which is just on the outskirts of town. It has Next, Tk Max, Debenhams. There's a market in Saturdays until 3pm opposite the Brandon hotel in Princes street.

There is a good range of restaurants in town. You could try Croi, or No.4 on the Square (this would have a good atmosphere with music & cocktails at the weekend). Both these are in the Square. Lots to choose from and plenty of bars.

I'll be brutally honest, Tralee is not a lovely town. Don't get me wrong, I love it, my parents grew up there and have lots of cousins there. Back in the 80s and early 90s family holidays were all spent in Tralee or the Maharees during Rose week. So have a lot of happy memories of the town, my Dad taking us around the town park, rummaging for comics in the Treaure Chest etc. If you have a car, be sure to take in Ardfert, Fenit, the beaches at Banna and Barrow, maybe even head out the Dingle peninsula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I'll be even more brutally honest; Tralee is a kip. Stay in Dingle, Kenmare or Killarney instead for your 3 days. There is way more to do in those towns than Tralee

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Benildus wrote: »
    I'll be even more brutally honest; Tralee is a kip. Stay in Dingle, Kenmare or Killarney instead for your 3 days. There is way more to do in those towns than Tralee

Not helpful. Please don't post just to criticise the town. The person who posted didn't ask for anyone's opinion on Tralee. They asked what there was to do while they are on a break there. Mod

Advertisement