Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep/Dark web

Options
  • 06-08-2017 10:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever been on or bought anything off the dark/deep web?

(Im not talking about illegal things either)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

Yes. You'll need Dettol, a wire brush and possibly some Valium and Southern Comfort for when you come off it. ;)

Why do you ask?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

GSV wrote: »
    Yes. You'll need Dettol, a wire brush and possibly some Valium and Southern Comfort for when you come off it. ;)

Why do you ask?

Im just wondering what kind of experience people had who have been on it. I read about sites being shut down by the fbi and was curious to know what was going on on it. Iv friends in Australia who buy things ( Illegal things) from it. Dhl actually deliver to their house!!! They described having a second computer and using coded messages etc to access it. How can something like that exist without lots of people going on it or maybe they do but dont tell anyone

Well, once you understand that the World Wide Web is not the Internet, you can get your head around it.
    There are many different protocols that you can use to access the Internet. You could think of the Dark Web as another kind
    of protocol... a very, very convoluted way of sharing and accessing a part of the Internet. :)

There are many sites of dubious moral quality there, but it should be remembered that it's also used by people who live in totalitarian
    regions to talk to each other when to talk openly could get you in deep doo doo.

It can exist without lots of people going on it because most people are only interested in going on Facebook to see what new thing
    their friend bought and then going on Amazon and buying a better one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

You'll need Bitcoin to buy anything

Autochange wrote: »
    Anybody ever been on or bought anything off the dark/deep web?

(Im not talking about illegal things either)

If you don't know what it is or you are not very educated on it then I would advise you to not buy anything from the Darknet, unless you seriously educate yourself on how to keep yourself private on it. Learn about PGP, Tails OS, how to buy bitcoin/ how to tumble your coin and what are the trustworthy sites etc.

• Advertisement

If you don't know what it is or you are not very educated on it then I would advise you to not buy anything from the Darknet, unless you seriously educate yourself on how to keep yourself private on it. Learn about PGP, Tails OS, how to buy bitcoin/ how to tumble your coin and what are the trustworthy sites etc.

I see. Where would someone pick up some information on browsing this dark web?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I see. Where would someone pick up some information on browsing this dark web?

google ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

You can hire assassins on th he dark web, 10k to kill someone you hate. Ive never used it though. Had a brief look at it once, got the fcuk out of there, it's a cesspit of filth.

You can hire assassins on th he dark web, 10k to kill someone you hate. Ive never used it though. Had a brief look at it once, got the fcuk out of there, it's a cesspit of filth.

Really!!

I wouldnt want to be looking at any of that kind of stuff. Just a general look around but to do it safely and securely

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why would you need to tumble your coins?

Its not complicated OP, get yourself some Bitcoin, get yourself the Tor Browser, make yourself an account on whatever the main markets are that replaced the recently deceased Alphabay, I havent looked into it yet bacause I havent needed to order since AB got taken down but its as easy as using Ebay if you stick to sellers with good reviews like every other shopping site.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt want to be looking at any of that kind of stuff. Just a general look around but to do it safely and securely

Well, if you just want to take a look, get TOR as Thargor said.

Don't download dodgy images - flash etc. from links directing to HTML.
    The FBI use those to identify you outside TOR... or so I've been told. :)

In fact, don't download anything, and what ever you do stay away from anything remotely related to CP.
    Certainly do not download any, unless you want to find yourself in a cell in America with a guy called Ben Dover. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

It's a TORific place to browse around ;)

Advertisement