Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser error? Opinions please

Options
  • 06-08-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Arrrrg! This has been bugging me the last few days!

Got my hair cut on Thursday. Was supposed to be with usual hairdresser but when I arrived I was told it was her day off.

I was a little miffed they didn't tell me this when I was booking but decided it probably didn't matter much cos I was only free on this day anyway and probably would have agreed to use another stylist anyway.

So not looking for anything ground breaking, just a tidy up of usual bob with long layers (hair in awful re-growthy phase post baby)

Anyhoo she cut the style I wanted and I headed on my merry way until I realised she'd done a really weird, v short layer at the nape of my neck, right underneath everything?!

It's just so strange looking that I'm wondering if it's just a blatant mistake? And what should I do about it?

I'm starting back at work this week after mat leave and will be tieing my hair up a fair bit so it will be noticeable.

How do I even go about addressing it? I mean obviously v little can be done and I can't go any shorter or it'll be too short to tie up!

How do people complain about these things or does everyone just never go to that salon again?

I'll try and add pics now

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b449/aisnolan/20170806_221709_zpsmsryq23j.jpg

Any info would be great.

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Sorry, I can't see any pictures.

Going by your description, I'd hazard a guess that she gave you a graduated bob?
    Google it and then google A-line bob and layered bob.

Assuming it's a graduated bob, it sounds like the hairdresser didn't do a thorough enough job of the consultation and misunderstood what you wanted because you mentioned layers. If it's very short at the nape, the best thing will be to let it grow out and try not to feel too self conscious when you put your hair up in a pony.

It's tricky sometimes when clients try to explain what they want so I always use images from my iPad during the consultation to ensure we are talking about the same thing.

I had a new client last week who actually wanted a short graduated bob but all the hairdressers she had tried locally gave her a basic one length layered bob instead. We looked at pictures on the iPad and she pointed to the graduated bob as well as describing what she wanted. ('Bumpy bit at the back')

She left very happy with her new look and I imagine she'll become a regular.

I'm always happy when clients bring me pictures to help describe what they want as long as they don't point to some overly air brushed celeb and expect to look exactly like the picture afterwards. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Trilogy wrote: »
    Got my hair cut on Thursday. Was supposed to be with usual hairdresser but when I arrived I was told it was her day off.
    Then why did they book you for that day. :) Did you ask for the usual hairdresser or for the specific day?

Advertisement