Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BinckBank Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was that the eneco tour? Strong looking line ups

neris wrote: »
    Was that the eneco tour? Strong looking line ups

Aye name/sponsor change this year. I can see this shaping up to being a real cracker given the riders and course.

EDIT: This is also Tom Dumoulin's first proper test in stages since the Giro since he's opted for the Worlds now instead of the Vuelta.

Some of the big names got that badly wrong at end of the stage.

manky looking weather today for TT

Horrible, will take some nerve to unseat Kung from his comfy looking armchair there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Only caught up with yesterdays tt just now. The rain was a bit of a leveller for most and allowed Sagan to limit his losses and remain in with a shot of the overall.

Biggest loser of the day was Jos van Emden who took a wrong turn with 150m to go (Left the course on the slip road designed for team cars). He slowly turned around and soft pedaled to the line and was still only 17 seconds behind Kung

Is sagan leading again after today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Nope, seems to be in 4th, 5 seconds down: http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/eneco-tour-2017/stage-3/results/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

No, the initial results had him in the GC lead because of a split in the peloton during the sprint but race officials gave everyone the same time due to a crash inside 3km.

Currently Sagan fourth in GC

https://twitter.com/BinckBankTour/status/895311484598853632

He picked up his 99th Pro win today in fairly easy fashion

https://twitter.com/BinckBankTour/status/895297019731947520

Was a bit worried when I saw that crash that the cannondale rider was lying on his front not moving but it cut back and he was on his feet so hopefully just had the wind knocked out of him.

• Advertisement

Was a bit worried when I saw that crash that the cannondale rider was lying on his front not moving but it cut back and he was on his feet so hopefully just had the wind knocked out of him.

there was 1 of the cannondales down with 2 bikes on top of him and his teammate wandering about

Christ what have they done to the Eurosport app and player, thought what we had was bad until I updated :eek:

Lars Boom fined 1000 francs for this as he crossed the line yesterday, bit harsh but it did strike me as an odd gesture for a win celebration :D

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/boom-fined-1000-chf-for-binckbank-tour-victory-celebration/

sptdw20004_copy_670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sagan loses the race with a badly timed front puncture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Inquitus wrote: »
    Sagan loses the race with a badly timed front puncture.

hes not out yet....

retalivity wrote: »
    hes not out yet....

The Gap is going out and he's 90 seconds down on Wellens and Dumoulin at the minute, hard to see this not being fatal to his overall race efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Inquitus wrote: »
    The Gap is going out and he's 90 seconds down on Wellens and Dumoulin at the minute, hard to see this not being fatal to his overall race efforts.

yah...he had pulled it back into 40 seconds when i posted that after attacking into the 3rd group...but noone else in that 3rd group with work with him, and its been going out since

retalivity wrote: »
    yah...he had pulled it back into 40 seconds when i posted that after attacking into the 3rd group...but noone else in that 3rd group with work with him, and its been going out since

Aye he looked furious with the rest of them to be fair.

Advertisement