Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher resource books needed

Options
  • 07-08-2017 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to expand my teacher resource books in preparation for teaching practice. Am looking for second hand books if anyone has any recommendations or are selling any?

Particularly looking for
    - curriculum documents
    - tomás na hordoige agus scealtai eile
    - broga nua

Suggestions welcome for books that would be useful on teaching practice!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Pandalaura wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to expand my teacher resource books in preparation for teaching practice. Am looking for second hand books if anyone has any recommendations or are selling any?

Particularly looking for
    - curriculum documents
    - tomás na hordoige agus scealtai eile
    - broga nua

Suggestions welcome for books that would be useful on teaching practice!

Thanks

The curriculum online planning tool may be of use to you . Tomás na hÓrdoige is probably in the school - presuming it's a Gaelscoil ?
    What class level will you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Pandalaura

The curriculum online planning tool may be of use to you . Tomás na hÓrdoige is probably in the school - presuming it's a Gaelscoil ?
    What class level will you have ?

Yeah the online one is grand, would like a hard copy though! No it's not, just for planning for irish and that. Not sure yet, waiting for a principal to get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I'd consider online resources too. A TES account, Pinterest and a teachers pay teachers account are useful to have. I've gotten a lot of editable templates free on tpt which saved me hours creating them myself. In many schools you can print straight from your laptop to photocopier which saves time. If that's permitted by your college/school which sometimes it's not.
    I sold my curriculum documents years ago. I view them completely online now/saved onto laptop also. Much faster than flicking through pages. Plus they are becoming outdated with changes being introduced in the language curriculum.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

It's worth looking at Amazon for some older books of songs and poems. Let's All Sing, Poems for Movement, Canaimis le Chéile are good. Plura Lura agus na Bopóga is a nice book of songs too with lovely illustrations.

Advertisement