Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine repair

• 07-08-2017 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Can you recommend someone to repair a washing machine in the Dooradoyle area. The machine has excessive noise and vibration at the end of spin cycle. I need to know if it worth repairing.

Thanks. DW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

John Ryan Electrical Service Centre

http://www.electricalservicecentre.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

dave62 wrote: »
    Can you recommend someone to repair a washing machine in the Dooradoyle area. The machine has excessive noise and vibration at the end of spin cycle. I need to know if it worth repairing.

Thanks. DW

I'd imagine it's an anchor (spring) for the drum that has come lose and should be handy enough to repair.
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    John Ryan Electrical Service Centre

http://www.electricalservicecentre.com/

+1 on Ryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Make and model of machine?
    Used much? a wash a day?
    How old.?

The problem points to a collapsed drum, ie the bearings have failed.
    Many (most) modern machines, especially cheaper models have sealed drums, meaning you would need to buy a complete drum as the bearings alone cannot be replaced.
    Average life of a sealed drum model is about 5 years, even less if usage is heavy.
    Buying a complete drum makes it unrealistic V buying a new machine.
    I take it the warranty has expired.?
    In reality, most warranties are not worth the paper they're written on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dave62

washman3 wrote: »
    Make and model of machine?
    Used much? a wash a day?
    How old.?

The problem points to a collapsed drum, ie the bearings have failed.
    Many (most) modern machines, especially cheaper models have sealed drums, meaning you would need to buy a complete drum as the bearings alone cannot be replaced.
    Average life of a sealed drum model is about 5 years, even less if usage is heavy.
    Buying a complete drum makes it unrealistic V buying a new machine.
    I take it the warranty has expired.?
    In reality, most warranties are not worth the paper they're written on.

Tks for your reply.

It a Whirlpool. About 3 or 4 years if heavy use.
    The springs and stabilisers under drumb look ok.

Tks for your reply.

It a Whirlpool. About 3 or 4 years if heavy use.
    The springs and stabilisers under drumb look ok.

No problem Dave,
    Can you just send me the model number so I can check my list to see if its a sealed drum version. its on a little white sticker on the inside of the door surround. Will read something like AWO/D 6505
    And the 12 digit number printed there too (if you can make it out) but don't worry if you cant, the main model number will do.

P.S. I've seen some of these pack in after 1 or 2 years and like I said before the 'warranty' is virtually useless, unless you take out the one that's offered independently offered by the shop (which you pay extra for)
    What the shop assistants should be doing is showing the buyer the correct way to load the washing, balance the machine, and select the correct program and speed.
    Most of them just don't care.

• Advertisement

No problem Dave,
    Can you just send me the model number so I can check my list to see if its a sealed drum version. its on a little white sticker on the inside of the door surround. Will read something like AWO/D 6505
    And the 12 digit number printed there too (if you can make it out) but don't worry if you cant, the main model number will do.

P.S. I've seen some of these pack in after 1 or 2 years and like I said before the 'warranty' is virtually useless, unless you take out the one that's offered independently offered by the shop (which you pay extra for)
    What the shop assistants should be doing is showing the buyer the correct way to load the washing, balance the machine, and select the correct program and speed.
    Most of them just don't care.

Tks again washman3
    It's a Whirlpool wdc 7720.
    I can't read the inside sticker only these nos

Tks again washman3
    It's a Whirlpool wdc 7720.
    I can't read the inside sticker only these nos

That would be the WWDC 7kgs drum series all right.
    That's enough info.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its got a sealed drum, didn't even have to check the list as I've come across a few of these with collapsed drums.
    Actually if you needed any other part for this except a drum, I would have it.
    Not much consolation.!!
    I wouldn't even bother paying somebody to look at it if I was you.
    They will just confirm what i've told you and charge you for 'their expertise'
    Stick the belt back on and wash away at a low spin speed until it completely seizes if you like, in the meantime plan for a replacement.

That would be the WWDC 7kgs drum series all right.
    That's enough info.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its got a sealed drum, didn't even have to check the list as I've come across a few of these with collapsed drums.
    Actually if you needed any other part for this except a drum, I would have it.
    Not much consolation.!!
    I wouldn't even bother paying somebody to look
    at it if I was you.
    They will just confirm what i've told you and charge you for 'their expertise'
    Stick the belt back on and wash away at a low spin speed until it completely seizes if you like, in the meantime plan for a replacement.

Thanks very much. learning a lot here.

Advertisement