Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate for taking down a wall between kitchen and utility

Options
  • 07-08-2017 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

The kitchen is quite pokey and so is the utility but if I knock them through, it'll give me a much better useable space. The wall I want to knock is three metres long and an rsj will be required as it's the gable end of the house (the utility is at the back end of the old garage at the side of the house

There is a cooker switch and two plugs in the wall that I want to get knocked so these will have to be moved.

Any idea of a rough cost for this:
    - knock the wall
    - rsj, including boxing in and plaster over
    - any electrical work involved in moving the cooker and socket wiring.

I'll be getting a new kitchen in after so a bare finish is all that'll be required as I'll get the place painted tiled and new kitchen after.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Between 2 & 5 k depending on how much work you do yourself and what level of patching-up finishes etc you want

Advertisement