Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell XPS 13 Laptop Charger

• 07-08-2017 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

My XPS laptop charger broke and the cables look perfectly fine so I'm guessing it's a more complex issue with the unit. I need my laptop for work so I can't really afford to wait up to 2 weeks to order a new charger from Dell.

Can anyone recommend a good place to pick one up in Dublin? Does it need to be a Dell branded charger to work?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

uxiant wrote: »
    My XPS laptop charger broke and the cables look perfectly fine so I'm guessing it's a more complex issue with the unit. I need my laptop for work so I can't really afford to wait up to 2 weeks to order a new charger from Dell.

Can anyone recommend a good place to pick one up in Dublin? Does it need to be a Dell branded charger to work?

Any help much appreciated.

Got a charger from this guy before and transaction was A1.

Looks like he's open today from 4-6, this guy will give you any info you need, knows his stuff.

http://www.acadapterdublin.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Can you see the charger wattage in the BIOS or does it say Unidentified ?

Also check the DC Jack on the side of the machine, does it look ok ? It should look like this:

http://image.bestcompu.com/Jack/Dell/Jack-DEL-36-2.jpg

I might have a genuine charger here that you could test out. Given that an XPS 15" costs over 2000 euro would you really be saving money by risking a cheap knock-off charger ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

Thanks both of you.

I'm actually away for a couple of days so can't check the machine or charger right now. But the LED on the charger went so I presume it's an issue with that?

Maybe it's better getting a genuine one but my experience with Dell's chargers is they are pretty crap and unreliable.

Thanks both of you.

I'm actually away for a couple of days so can't check the machine or charger right now. But the LED on the charger went so I presume it's an issue with that?

Maybe it's better getting a genuine one but my experience with Dell's chargers is they are pretty crap and unreliable.

PM me when you get back, I might be able to help you out.

Ken

Thanks Ken.

• Advertisement

Thanks Ken.

I've tried to reply to your PM a couple of times but your PM inbox is full so it won't accept my reply to you.

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    I've tried to reply to your PM a couple of times but your PM inbox is full so it won't accept my reply to you.

Ken

Actually my charger miraculously started working again. Messed around with the connections a bit when I came home and it started working again.

But thanks very much for your help.

Cheers

Advertisement