Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo fans Opinion on megadrive flashback

• 07-08-2017 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in Nintendo fans opinion on this system? It's listed on Argos website now. You think Sega will sell millions of these? They are jumping on the mini band wagon I think. They may or may not pull this off like Nintendo did.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You think Sega will sell millions of these? They are jumping on the mini band wagon I think.

It's not made by Sega so it's a mute point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Heisenbug

From IGN:
    Note that this $80 retro console isn’t manufactured by Sega – it’s made by At Games, which also produces the Atari Flashback. The Genesis Flashback boasts 85 built-in games, which is almost double the amount of the excellent Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection that was released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 back in 2009. Upon closer inspection, however, you’ll find that only 57 of them were actually released on an original Sega console. The remaining 28 are “bonus” games – all-but-unplayable ripoffs of classics like Space Invaders and air hockey. That means 28 games in this collection (33%) are straight garbage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I commented on this in the SNES Mini thread.
    It's sh1te.
    The only way to effectively play Megadrive games is on a Megadrive.
    After that there's emulated version via Nintendo eshop or on Android/iOS devices that are pretty good.
    But there has yet to be a replica system that isn't based on the same crap SoC and is a waste of money, and I should know, I've owned a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Aren't they ****? Sega's been licencing these emulator machines for ages, and they're always ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Clearly though, they're successful junk. If people didn't buy them, they wouldn't get made. The company licensing the Sega IP needs to make a significant loss or they won't ever stop. But they're cheap and on paper they're great impulse-buy presents, so that's not going to happen unless, say, something happened to a full production run.

I don't advocate violence or criminal activity in the pursuit of some sort of gaming justice, but I guess if you have access to 4 volunteers, a fueled private plane, a fake pilots license, a copy of Flight Sim 2017 for practice, 3 rolls of duct tape, a carry-on sized rolling case, eight litres of diet coke, a selection of fake mustaches, a garden hose, 2 large coconut shells, a blond wig, a bluetooth speaker with an output of at least 10W, a copy of Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits, a loose and slightly slutty looking blouse, a pack of mentos, some finely ground rohypnol, a hammer, $803 in cash, a large horseshoe magnet, a map of Bermuda, 3 different coloured Mini Coopers and a bag of rice we could make this end now. Just sayin'...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

People were also paying €10-€20 for fidget spinners only a month or so ago. People are not clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Inviere

Banjo wrote: »
    Clearly though, they're successful junk. If people didn't buy them, they wouldn't get made.

Time to invoke the Jedward defence... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Scummy gits will be selling these like hot cakes soon enough, I know of staff in two stores that bought a few of the megadrive last Christmas waited till they were sold out and cashed in, it's a toy not gaming cex don't buy them so not seen in same light by them as Nes Mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

People were also paying €10-€20 for fidget spinners only a month or so ago. People are not clever.

Do you have kids?
    Sometimes it's worth spending waaaaay over the odds to shut them up rather than save a few quid and endure weeks of unending jabbering and whining.

I'm sure there's plenty of "clever" parents who ordered fidget spinners from China and saved themselves a fortune. Well, they're all dead now, every evening their kids tells the tell in a cave under the phoenix park and the spinners still haven't arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Well I guess its shoite then, I did sort of consider it but nah, I already have a real megadrive with an everdrive cartridge modified with an SD card so I can load any game I want onto it anyways.

Advertisement