Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty insurance renewal Vs online quote

Options
  • 07-08-2017 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

My renewal came out this year at €860 fire and theft. However, the renewal didn't include the 3 penalty points I recently received...

I put my updated details online and my quote as new customer was only €575....

Last year the quote I was posted out was again more expensive than the online one, when I asked them to match it, it turned out I had incorrectly spelled one of the named drivers name wrong so they refused to match it. I re entered the quote details spelling the name correctly and the quote jumped up to match my renewal.

I'm wondering would I be better off just cancelling this year and buying online and saying nothing...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why not? As long as you are telling the whole truth there's no issue.

p.s. Renewal premiums frequently won't be the same as the same risk classified as "new business".

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Why not? As long as you are telling the whole truth there's no issue.

p.s. Renewal premiums frequently won't be the same as the same risk classified as "new business".

Thanks, the info entered is complete and correct.

I think I might just do it.

Advertisement