Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapid Eye Movement in newborns..

Options
  • 07-08-2017 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

My baby is a month old and had always had REM when she was really new! her eyes would just jitter up and down as she was falling into a deep sleep.

Is it a common thing? Does it happen everytime they are falling to sleep?
    with us it doesn't seem to be everytime but last night it happened just after I finished BF her and she was falling asleep in my arms. Eyes started going funny for about 1 minute and then she woke up!! I thought it was strange but she was uncomfortable with gas all day yday so I thought that might have something to do with it.... and she hasn't done it yet today that I have noticed.

I'd love to here other parents inputs on it and their own children ..

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah I've noticed it.Is it just when she's asleep that it happens, either falling asleep or waking up?It"s quite normal.Stops eventually.We do it too, we just don"t see it happening :-)
    My older girl frequently sleeps with her eyes ever so partially open like slits, it's quite creepy!!!!She"s done it since she was a baby but she's deeply asleep all the same.

Advertisement