Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying makeup with hair down...

Options
  • 07-08-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Just been looking at snapchat and a MUA was on a particular snapchatter that I follow presumably demoing a make up look.
    I came out of it after a couple of snaps because she was trying to do her makeup with her quite long hair all over her face and I can't handle that.

Am I just being OCD? I know I never apply makeup with my hair in my face. Maybe not fully tied up but certainly back off my face. If my hair is done first I have a few clips that my hairdresser gave me specifically to hold back my hair.

The amount of snapchatters who put on make up with their hair down is unreal. If I'm getting my makeup done professionally then it's always held back.

Also, do any of these MUA's ever put anything on their necks. It seems like they think that if they've contoured and highlighted the bejebus out of their faces, then no one will notice their white neck. I know a lot of the time they're wearing tan but I don't have tan on all the time.

OK rant over..I'm sick in bed and I'm bored so I'm stuck on social meeja all day. First world problems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

This bothers me a little too :D I also don't like seeing people apply makeup with their hair down and then keep using their product covered hands to hold sections of hair back. My hair gets really greasy if I keep touching it, maybe I'm alone with this issue though!

Personally I always have my hair tied back and use a band to keep my baby hairs out of my face when I'm applying or removing makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

As a professional MUA its standard to push the hair back and put something over the client's hairline to move the hair away from the face and prevent makeup getting on their hair, although when doing my own makeup I sometimes dont put my hair back unless im using a heavy foundation or doing a full glam look.
    You shouldnt need to put foundation on your neck, if youre doing this then your foundation is the wrong shade for you. Generally I use whatever is left on the brush and quickly go over my neck and chest if my foundation is heavy or slightly lighter/darker but otherwise theres no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

You shouldnt need to put foundation on your neck, if youre doing this then your foundation is the wrong shade for you. Generally I use whatever is left on the brush and quickly go over my neck and chest if my foundation is heavy or slightly lighter/darker but otherwise theres no need.

This is also what I do with my own foundation on my neck. But maybe then the snapchatters are using the wrong shades of foundation when there is a huge difference between the face and neck.
    Having said that I know a few non MUA's who never learned the art of blending. You'd meet them and the line along their jaw would cut you its so severe..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Recliner wrote: »
    This is also what I do with my own foundation on my neck. But maybe then the snapchatters are using the wrong shades of foundation when there is a huge difference between the face and neck.
    Having said that I know a few non MUA's who never learned the art of blending. You'd meet them and the line along their jaw would cut you its so severe..

The snapchats and instagramers are looking for likes and views. Its not about the makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

The snapchats and instagramers are looking for likes and views. Its not about the makeup.

Ah I think that's a bit harsh. Of course some are but I do think that some are genuinely interested in showing different looks which I enjoy. In fairness if you didn't want likes and views why put up videos in the first place so I don't mind that aspect of it. Anyway all that's off topic, hair around the face still bugs me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I can't bear this. I could do my make up with my hair down, it has to be back and a band around the hair line to keep the short bits back.

I've short hair now and I still use a hairband to keep it off the edge of my face when doing make up.

I couldn't use my hands during make up application to push back hair, especially with make up on them. It makes me shudder even thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'll be honest I apply my make up most of the time with my hair down - but that's because I spend about 5 mins in the morning rushing through my makeup and I'm lucky some days if I've even brushed my hair! But if I'm doing my makeup properly when I've a bit more time I do tie up my hair - it would just get in the way and annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I apply my own day to day makeup with my hair down too, I don't think it's a big deal. I find it doesn't catch all the fine baby hairs around my hairline.

Advertisement