Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland debit card

Options
  • 07-08-2017 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Why cant i use my debit card on itunes and app store on my ipad anymore?
    When i try to put in my details it says it doesnt accept it,my old card worked fine.
    I have just had a new card over a week,but its accepted anywhere else?
    I only get this message when i try to put in my details on app store and itunes.

You can currently add eligible Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards offered in Ireland by:
    AIB
    boon. by Wirecard
    KBC (MasterCard credit and debit cards)
    Ulster Bank
    Some banks may not support all card types. The list will be updated as additional banks are added. Contact your card issuer to determine your card’s eligibility.

Like i said,my old card worked just fine,why dont they accept my new card or Bank of ireland cards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Aristotle,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

As you mention you have just received a new card, have you activated in an ATM by checking your balance or by making a cash withdrawal? Before you use a card online, it's usually necessary to activate it first at an ATM. If you have already done this and are still having trouble using your card, we would advise you to contact our BOI Direct team on 0818 365 365 and an advisor will be happy to check this out for you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Aristotle145

Yes i have used the card both from ATM and online,but it just wont accept it on itune or app store.
    As you can see from my previous post,You can currently add eligible Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards offered in Ireland by:
    AIB
    boon. by Wirecard
    Ulster Bank
    Some banks may not support all card types. The list will be updated.
    Is there some issue with Bank of Ireland cards?

Yes i have used the card both from ATM and online,but it just wont accept it on itune or app store.
    As you can see from my previous post,You can currently add eligible Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards offered in Ireland by:
    AIB
    boon. by Wirecard
    Ulster Bank
    Some banks may not support all card types. The list will be updated.
    Is there some issue with Bank of Ireland cards?
    Hi Aristotle, 

Sorry to hear you're having this trouble adding your card online. We'd advise you to double check all the details you're entering are correct and up to date. If you continue to receive this error, please get in touch via the Service Desk on 365 Online and the Ask a Question option, or by calling our BOI Direct team on 0818 365 365 and an advisor will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmm fan

Is it possible for a third party to do an online transfer directly into my BOI MasterCard account?

Is it just a matter of providing them with an Iban & bic so they can register the account details on their online banking system.

Thank you for your time

Gmm fan wrote: »
    Is it possible for a third party to do an online transfer directly into my BOI MasterCard account?  

Is it just a matter of providing them with an Iban & bic so they can register the account details on their online banking system.

Thank you for your time
    Hi Gmm fan, 

Thanks for your post. 

In order to have a payment transferred into your Credit Card account, you would need to give the BIC and IBAN details of your Bank of Ireland Credit Card as well as the 16 digit Credit Card number. They will need to input the full Credit Card number in the reference field of the transfer in order for it to be sent to your card. For details of the IBAN and BIC for your Credit Card please see here

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmm fan

Thanks for that info.
    Is it the same procedure for non BOI customers also? They also put the cc number in their reference section?

Gmm fan wrote: »
    Thanks for that info.
    Is it the same procedure for non BOI customers also? They also put the cc number in their reference section?
    You're welcome. 

Yes they will still need the 16 digit card number in order for the transfer to be processed to your Credit Card account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement