Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia 2018

Options
  • 07-08-2017 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like those adverts for the Israeli tourist board are paying off and the start is going to be in Jerusalem
    The 2018 Giro d'Italia will start with three stages in Israel, including an opening time trial in the Old City of Jerusalem. Two more stages have not been finalised, but Tel Aviv and the south of Israel have been discussed as probable candidates to host stages.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2018-giro-ditalia-to-start-with-time-trial-in-old-jerusalem/

Comments

Didn't they mention Japan at one point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

It all makes sense now! More Israel tourism adverts !!
    Yippee!

I wonder if "that girl" will be a podium girl for presenting the Maliga Rosa :D

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    It all makes sense now! More Israel tourism adverts !!
    Yippee!

Unlikely if they adopt a similar stance as the Vuelta this year http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/vuelta-a-espana/vuelta-espana-replace-podium-girls-elegantly-dressed-men-women-342550

Step in the right direction if you ask me, and I'm not a particularly PC guy but I have to say if it was me on a podium I'd feel pretty awkward being kissed by two ladies and then you never know if its 2 or 3 kisses :D

better to have local school kids have the awards and a local official hand them out like at the euros at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Kaisr Sose wrote: »

Sagan will be wanting to make that podium then

Advertisement